Bedminster Township School District
|Bedminster Township School District|
|234 Somerville Rd|
Bedminster, NJ 07921
|Grades||Pre-K to 8|
|Business administrator||Alicia M. Schauer|
|Students and staff|
|Enrollment||526 (as of 2017-18)|
|District Factor Group||I|
The district is classified by the New Jersey Department of Education as being in District Factor Group "I", the second-highest of eight groupings. District Factor Groups organize districts statewide to allow comparison by common socioeconomic characteristics of the local districts. From lowest socioeconomic status to highest, the categories are A, B, CD, DE, FG, GH, I and J.
Public school students in ninth through twelfth grades attend Bernards High School, as part of a sending/receiving relationship with the Somerset Hills Regional School District, a K - 12 district that also serves students from Bernardsville, Far Hills and Peapack-Gladstone. As of the 2017-18 school year, the high school had an enrollment of 852 students and 67.8 classroom teachers (on an FTE basis), for a student–teacher ratio of 12.6:1.
- Corby Swan, Principal
Bedminster Township Public School offers a variety of competitive sports. They have had most notable success in boys and girls basketball.
- Jennifer Giordano, Superintendent
- Alicia M. Schauer, Business Administrator / Board Secretary
The district's board of education has nine members who set policy and oversee the fiscal and educational operation of the district through its administration. As a Type II school district, the board's trustees are elected directly by voters to serve three-year terms of office on a staggered basis, with three seats up for election each year held (since 2012) as part of the November general election.
- District information for Bedminster Township Public School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed November 1, 2019.
- Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending April 2013, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 15, 2013.
- Bedminster Township Board of Education District Policy - Identification, Bedminster Township School District. Accessed January 30, 2020. "Purpose: The Board of Education exists for the purpose of providing a thorough and efficient system of free public education in grades Kindergarten through eight in the Bedminster Township School District. Composition: The Bedminster Township School District is comprised of all the area within the municipal boundaries of Bedminster Township."
- NJ Department of Education District Factor Groups (DFG) for School Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed December 6, 2014.
- Bedminster Township School 2016 Report Card Narrative, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed May 19, 2017. "After graduation from the 8th grade, the majority of our students attend Bernards High School."
- Somerset County School Districts-Sending/Receiving/Regional, Somerset County Superintendent of Schools. Accessed May 19, 2017.
- School data for Bernards High School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed November 1, 2019.
- School Data for the Bedminster Township Public School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed November 1, 2019.
- New Jersey School Directory for the Bedminster Township Public School, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed December 29, 2016.
- Principal, Bedminster Township Public School. Accessed January 30, 2020.
- New Jersey School Directory for Somerset County, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed December 29, 2016.
- 2018-2019 Somerset County Public School Directory, Somerset County, New Jersey. Accessed January 30, 2020.
- Superintendent's Message, Bedminster Township Public School. Accessed January 30, 2020.
- Business Office, Bedminster Township Public School. Accessed January 30, 2020.
- New Jersey Boards of Education by District Election Types - 2018 School Election, New Jersey Department of Education, updated February 16, 2018. Accessed January 26, 2020.
- Board of Education, Bedminster Township Public School. Accessed January 30, 2020.