Kidman's Tree of Knowledge on Glengyle Station, 2005
|Population||283 (2011 census (including Birdsville))|
|LGA(s)||Shire of Diamantina|
|State electorate(s)||Mount Isa|
Bedourier is located in the Channel Country of Central West Queensland, Australia, lying on Eyre Creek. It is located 1,600 kilometres (990 mi) west of the state capital, Brisbane, and 200 kilometres (120 mi) north of Birdsville.
The Dianmantina Shire Council moved its headquarters from Birdsville to Bedourie in 1953.
Birdsville has a number of heritage-listed sites, including:
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Bedourie (SSC)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 10 September 2016.
- "Bedourie - town (entry 2032)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 10 September 2016.
- "Bedourie - locality (entry 41498)". Queensland Place Names. Queensland Government. Retrieved 10 September 2016.
- "Bedourie". Diamantina Shire Council. Archived from the original on 13 October 2009. Retrieved 2009-09-16.
- Julia Harris (19 March 2009). "A Morning in Bedourie". ABC Western Queensland. Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved 2009-09-16.
- Premier Postal History. "Post Office List". Premier Postal Auctions. Retrieved 10 May 2014.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (25 October 2007). "Bedourie (Diamantina Shire) (State Suburb)". 2006 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 2008-01-03.
- "Kidman's Tree of Knowledge (entry 600462)". Queensland Heritage Register. Queensland Heritage Council. Retrieved 7 July 2013.
Media related to Bedourie, Queensland at Wikimedia Commons
|This Queensland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|