- For the concept of a town whose residents work elsewhere, often called a bedroom community, see commuter town.
Bedroom Community is an Icelandic record label/collective which was founded in 2006 by producer Valgeir Sigurðsson, alongside fellow artists Nico Muhly and Ben Frost, later adding more artists to the roster. Based on the outskirts of Reykjavík, Iceland, Bedroom Community is also the home of Greenhouse Studios.
Bedroom Community was described by Drowned in Sound as "one of the best guarantors of quality, even importance, out there" known for its "emotionally powerful music". The Line Of Best Fit has described the label as 'more of an ecosystem cultivating music than a traditional record label', claiming that 'within ten years they've gone from being a side concern for a bunch of preternaturally talented composers and producers to become one of the most respected record labels in… the world?'
In 2011, Pierre-Alain Giraud made a documentary film called Everything Everywhere All The Time, which follows Sam Amidon, Ben Frost, Nico Muhly and Valgeir Sigurðsson on their collective tour, showcasing the music they’ve collaborated on and released individually under the Bedroom Community umbrella. The documentary was premiered at the Reykjavík International Film Festival, followed by screenings at CPH:DOX, Iceland Airwaves and more.
In 2016, to celebrate the label's 10th anniversary, a number of artists embarked on another Whale Watching Tour - this time travelling to the USA. Bedroom Community founder Valgeir Sigurðsson commented that: "The Whale Watching Tour is an opportunity to manifest what we, as a record label and a collective of disparate musical personalities, do...to create something uniquely belonging to the live experience, from source material that is very familiar to us.These shows are fuelled by joyful energy and appreciation for each other, but also tension, blood and sweat that makes it all the more rewarding at the end of the day."
At Iceland Airwaves 2016, Bedroom Community showcased their back catalogue with Crash Ensemble, the Iceland Symphony Orchestra and conductor André De Ridder at Harpa. Ja Ja Ja Music reviewed the performance as being 'Diverse and powerful', claiming that 'there was something to suprise [sic] and arrest at every stage of the evening’s programme, serving as a great testament to everything the label has achieved over the last 10 years, and an enticing statement of intent for what is surely to come.'
- Valgeir Sigurðsson
- Nico Muhly
- Ben Frost
- Sam Amidon
- Daníel Bjarnason
- Puzzle Muteson 
- Nadia Sirota
- James McVinnie
- Emily Hall
- 2017: Nadia Sirota: Tessellatum
- 2017: James McVinnie: Cycles_1
- 2016: Ben Frost: The Wasp Factory
- 2016: aYia: Water Plant
- 2016: Nico Muhly: Keep In Touch
- 2016: Nico Muhly & Valgeir Sigurðsson: Scent Opera
- 2015: Jodie Landau and Wild Up: You of All Things
- 2015: Emily Hall: Folie à Deux
- 2014: Ben Frost: V A R I A N T
- 2014: Puzzle Muteson: Theatrics
- 2014: Ben Frost: A U R O R A
- 2013: Daníel Bjarnason: Over Light Earth
- 2013: James McVinnie: Cycles
- 2013: Frost & Sigurðsson & Muhly & Amidon: "Everything Everywhere All The Time" / "Whale Watching Tour"
- 2013: Nadia Sirota: Baroque
- 2012: Nico Muhly: Drones
- 2012: Paul Corley: Disquiet
- 2012: Valgeir Sigurðsson: Architecture of Loss
- 2011: Ben Frost & Daníel Bjarnason: Sólaris
- 2011: Puzzle Muteson: En Garde
- 2010: Nico Muhly: I Drink The Air Before Me
- 2010: Sam Amidon: I See The Sign
- 2010: Valgeir Sigurðsson: Draumalandið
- 2010: Daníel Bjarnason: Processions
- 2009: Ben Frost: By The Throat
- 2008: Nico Muhly: Mothertongue
- 2007: Sam Amidon: All is Well
- 2007: Valgeir Sigurðsson: Ekvílíbrium
- 2007: Ben Frost: Theory of Machines
- 2006: Nico Muhly: Speaks Volumes
- "The best record label in the whole of Iceland and maybe even the entire world."
- "The influential Bedroom Community label: a lightning rod at the juncture where the ambition of classical music meets the aesthetics of indie music."
- "Bedroom Community have, quietly and modestly, managed to assemble a wonderfully inventive ensemble of artists."
- Is Bedroom Community Iceland's Best Label?
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-05-02. Retrieved 2014-03-06.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Alexander Tudor (24 September 2014). "Puzzle Muteson". Drowned in Sound. Retrieved 2014-09-30.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-10-12. Retrieved 2014-12-17.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Drowned In Sound". Drowned In Sound. Retrieved 2014-03-05.
- "FACT Magazine: Music News, New Music". Factmag.com. Retrieved 2014-03-05.