Bee Cave, Texas
Bee Cave, Texas
Location of Bee Cave, Texas
|Date of Incorporation||1987|
|• Mayor||Kara King|
|• City Council||Kevin Hight|
|• Total||8.57 sq mi (22.21 km2)|
|• Land||8.57 sq mi (22.21 km2)|
|• Water||0.00 sq mi (0.00 km2)|
|Elevation||919 ft (280 m)|
| • Estimate |
|• Density||797.78/sq mi (308.04/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|Area code(s)||512 & 737|
|GNIS feature ID||1330313|
Bee Cave is located at Austin, Texas.(30.305430, -97.952213). This is about 12 miles west of
According to the United States Census Bureau in 2010, the city has a total area of 2.6 square miles (6.7 km2), all of it land. Prior to the 2010 census, Bee Cave went from being a village to being a city, increasing its area to 6.8 square miles (18 km2), all land.
The city of Bee Cave is served by the Lake Travis Independent School District. Three elementary schools, Bee Cave Elementary School in Bee Cave, Lake Pointe Elementary School in an unincorporated area, and Lakeway Elementary School in Lakeway, serve Bee Cave and sections of Lakeway. Lake Travis Middle School and Bee Cave Middle School serve most of Bee Cave while Hudson Bend Middle School serves portions to the northwest; both schools are in unincorporated areas. Lake Travis High School, in an unincorporated area, serves all of Bee Cave.
American Campus Communities has its headquarters in Buildings T and R in the Hill Country Galleria shopping development, in Bee Cave. The company offices located there in December 2010.
In popular culture
|U.S. Decennial Census|
As of the census of 2010, there were 3925 people, 207 households, and 172 families residing in the city. The population density was 252.0 people per square mile (97.4/km2). There were 246 housing units at an average density of 94.5 per square mile (36.5/km2). The racial makeup of the city was 87.52% White, 1.30% Black, 0.36% Native American, 5.50% Asian, 2.19% from other races, and 3.13% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 10.37% of the population.
There were 207 households, out of which 50.2% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 79.7% were married couples living together, 2.4% had a female householder with no husband present, and 16.9% were non-families. 9.7% of all households were made up of individuals, and 2.4% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 3.17 and the average family size was 3.38.
In the city, the population was spread out, with 33.1% under the age of 18, 3.8% from 18 to 24, 34.8% from 25 to 44, 23.2% from 45 to 64, and 5.2% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 36 years. For every 100 females, there were 108.9 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 104.2 males.
In 2015 the median income for a household in the city was $129,270, and the median house value was $597,091. Males had a median income of $100,000 versus $59,000 for females. The per capita income for the city was $53,911. None of the families and 2.7% of the population were living below the poverty line, including no under eighteens and none of those over 74.
Government and infrastructure
As of 2017, the City of Bee Cave is patrolled by the Bee Cave Police Department under the Direction of Chief Gary Miller. As of 2017, the department has 18 officers.
- "2019 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved August 7, 2020.
- "State and County Quick Facts". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2015-04-02. Retrieved March 4, 2015.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". United States Census Bureau. May 24, 2020. Retrieved May 27, 2020.
- "U.S. Census website". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "U.S. Census Bureau QuickFacts selected: Bee Cave city, Texas". www.census.gov. Retrieved 2017-11-12.
- "Population and Housing Unit Counts, 2010 Census of Population and Housing" (PDF). Texas: 2010.
- "Bee Cave, Texas :: Boundary Map of Bee Cave, Texas". Archived from the original on 2016-12-30.
- Bee Cave City Limits and Extraterritorial Jurisdiction. City of Bee Cave. Retrieved on December 30, 2016.
- "Elementary School Attendance Zone Boundaries." Lake Travis Independent School District. Retrieved on December 30, 2016.
- "Middle School Attendance Zones 2019-2020" (PDF). Lake Travis ISD.
- Moreno-Lozano, Luz. "Lake Travis school campuses see upgrades, Bee Cave MIddle School opens this month". Austin American-Statesman. Retrieved 2020-08-13.
- "Middle School Zones 2019-20" (PDF). Lake Travis ISD.
- Campos, Phyllis. "Hill Country Galleria." Community Impact Newspaper. Friday September 3, 2010. Retrieved on October 4, 2011.
- "Contact Us." American Campus Communities. Retrieved on October 4, 2011. "Corporate Office 12700 Hill Country Boulevard, Suite T-200 Austin, Texas 78738"
- "Bee Cave village, Texas[permanent dead link]." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on October 4, 2011.
- "CC4C - Cheyanna's Champions 4 Children". Linkedin. Retrieved September 8, 2020.
- "Cheyanna's Champions 4 Children | cc4c.org | Texas". Cheyanna’s Champions for Children. Retrieved 2020-09-09.
- "Team Fortress 2 - Engineer". Valve Corporation. Retrieved 14 August 2012.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- "About Us | Bee Cave, TX". Retrieved November 9, 2019.
- "Bee Cave, Texas". Texas State Historical Association. Retrieved 2012-02-06.
- "Bee Cave, TX : City Council". www.beecavetexas.com. Retrieved 2017-01-26.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bee Cave, Texas.|