Bee Ridge, Florida
Bee Ridge, Florida
|Coordinates: 27°17′20″N 82°28′15″W / 27.28889°N 82.47083°W|
|• Total||3.90 sq mi (10.11 km2)|
|• Land||3.75 sq mi (9.71 km2)|
|• Water||0.15 sq mi (0.40 km2)|
|Elevation||36 ft (11 m)|
|• Density||2,654.67/sq mi (1,024.87/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC−05:00 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−04:00 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||0278388|
Bee Ridge is a census-designated place (CDP) in Sarasota County, Florida, United States. The population was 9,955 at the 2020 census. It is part of the Sarasota metropolitan area.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 3.9 square miles (10.1 km2), of which 3.7 square miles (9.7 km2) is land and 0.15 square miles (0.4 km2), or 3.99%, is water.
As of the 2020 census, Bee Ridge had a population of 9,955 with a total of 4,737 households. There were 5,078 housing units.
The population was split by age with 3.7% under 5 years old, 15.6% under 18, and 35.5% were 65 years and older. 54.1% were female persons.
By race, the population was split with 87.8% were white, 1.5% were black or African American, 4.6% were Asian, 4.0% were two or more races, and 10.4% were Hispanic or Latino.
The median household income was $68,316 with an employment rate of 51.7%. 15.3% of the population were without health care coverage. 11.5% of the population lived below the poverty threshold.
14.8% of the population were foreign born persons. 9.6% of the population were veterans. 36.0% of the population 25 years old and over had a Bachelor's Degree or higher.
There are several parks in the Bee Ridge area including the Larry C. Manning Memorial Preserve and the Urfer Family Park, where the historic Dr. C. B. Wilson House is now located. There is also the Ashton Trailhead which is trailhead on the Legacy Trail (Florida).
- ^ a b "Bee Ridge". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey, United States Department of the Interior. October 19, 1979. Retrieved January 15, 2019.
- ^ "2020 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved October 31, 2021.
- ^ "Bee Ridge FL ZIP Code". zipdatamaps.com. 2023. Retrieved January 26, 2023.
- ^ "Bee Ridge CDP, Florida". www.census.gov. US Census Bureau. Retrieved April 13, 2023.
- ^ "Census of Population and Housing". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved January 15, 2019.
- ^ "QuickFacts Bee Ridge CDP, Florida". www.census.gov. US Census Bureau. Retrieved April 13, 2023.
- ^ "Find a Park". www.scgov.net. Sarasota County. Retrieved April 13, 2023.