After that, Wilson wrote the "Kitchen Thinker" column in the Sunday Telegraph's "Stella" magazine for twelve years. For the column, she was named the Guild of Food Writers food journalist of the year in 2004, 2008 and 2009.
Wilson has written book reviews and other articles for The Guardian, The Sunday Times and The Times Literary Supplement. She has written "Page Turner" blogs for The New Yorker on ideas about the recipe. She has contributed articles to the London Review of Books, on subjects such as film, biography, history and music.
In 2016, her book First Bite: How We Learn to Eat won the Special Commendation Award at the Andre Simon Food and Drink Awards and Food Book of the Year at the Fortnum and Mason Food and Drink Awards. That book was described in The Financial Times as being 'about the pleasure of eating and how we can reconnect with this'. 
According to The New Yorker writer Jane Kramer, "Bee Wilson describes herself as a food writer. That's half the story". In Kramer's opinion, Wilson writes on food as it relates to history, ideas and human life. In The New York Times, Dawn Drzal described Wilson as "a congenial kitchen oracle".
- The Hive: The Story of the Honeybee and Us, John Murray, 2004
- Swindled: From Poison Sweets to Counterfeit Coffee, John Murray and Princeton University Press, 2008
- Sandwich: A Global History, Reaktion Books, 2010
- Consider the Fork: A History of How We Cook and Eat, Basic Books, 2012 (history of kitchen technology, from fire to the AeroPress)
- First Bite: How We Learn to Eat, Basic Books and Fourth Estate
- Bee Wilson "Food", New Statesman, 17 March 2002
- "Telegraph website". Retrieved 5 October 2015.
- "Guild Of Food Writers". Gfw.co.uk. Retrieved 27 July 2009.
- Bee Wilson, Bee "The Baguette is Back", Times Literary Supplement, 6 June 2007
- Bee Wilson "Smell the Coffee", Times Literary Supplement, 31 October 2007
- Wilson, Bee. "Pleasures of the Literary Meal". The New Yorker. Retrieved 5 October 2015.
- Wilson, Bee. "The Allure of Imagined Meals". The New Yorker. Retrieved 5 October 2015.
- London Review of Books. "Bee Wilson". London Review of Books. Retrieved 5 October 2015.
- "2015 Awards: Food". Andre Simon. Retrieved 5 July 2016.
- "Food and Drink Awards 2017". Fortnum and Mason. Retrieved 5 July 2016.
- Russell, Polly. "First Bite: How We Learn to Eat by Bee Wilson". The Financial Times. Retrieved 5 July 2016.
- Duguid, Naomi. "Report on the Oxford Symposium 2015". Oxford Symposium on Food and Cookery. Retrieved 5 October 2015.
- Kramer, Jane (18 March 2013). "A Fork of One's Own". The New Yorker.
- Drzal, Dawn. "The Science of Sizzle". Retrieved 5 October 2015.
- Poole, Steven. "Consider the Fork Review". The Guardian. Retrieved 5 October 2015.
- Finney, Clare. "It's Not Naughty. It's Not Virtuous. It's Food.". Borough Market.
"We don't have an instinct that tells us what to eat... It's not a moral thing. It's a skill we learn".