Beech Creek Township, Greene County, Indiana
|Beech Creek Township|
Greene County Chapel, located in the township's southeast
Location in Greene County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||47.42 sq mi (122.8 km2)|
|• Land||47.4 sq mi (123 km2)|
|• Water||0.01 sq mi (0.03 km2) 0.02%|
|Elevation||630 ft (192 m)|
|• Density||54.7/sq mi (21.1/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453104|
|Source: US Census Bureau|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 47.42 square miles (122.8 km2), of which 47.4 square miles (123 km2) (or 99.96%) is land and 0.01 square miles (0.026 km2) (or 0.02%) is water. The stream of Dry Branch runs through this township.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Clay Township, Owen County (north)
- Richland Township, Monroe County (northeast)
- Van Buren Township, Monroe County (east)
- Indian Creek Township, Monroe County (southeast)
- Center Township (south)
- Richland Township (southwest)
- Highland Township (west)
- Franklin Township, Owen County (northwest)
The township contains ten cemeteries: Arthur, Edwards, Hudson, Liberty, Livingston, Minks, Newark, Philpot, Pryor, and Solsberry.
- "Beech Creek Township, Greene County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- United States Census Bureau cartographic boundary files
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
|This Greene County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|