Beech Ridge Motor Speedway
|Opened||May 20, 1949|
|Architect||James B. McConnell|
|Major events||Pro series, sport series, wild cats, street devils, mad bombers, beetle bugs, mighty trucks, legends|
Beech Ridge Motor Speedway races on Saturday nights, as well as Thursdays. On Saturdays, the racing consists of the Pro Series, Sport Series, and the Wild Cats. On Thursdays, the Mad Bombers, Beetle Bugs, Mighty Trucks, Ladies and Legends divisions participate. The Pro Series features Super Late Model cars and for the 2018 season features three former Oxford 250 winners. Maine's winnest stockcar driver Mike Rowe races weekly at the track in the Pro Series.
The facility hosted 18 NASCAR Busch North Series events between 1995 and 2003. The speedway also hosted 5 NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour races, one in 1995 and the other four from 2002 through 2005. The series is returning to the track for the 2021 season.
Beech Ridge Motor Speedway also had 10 ACT Late Model races between 2009 and 2017.
- "About Us". Beech Ridge Motor Speedway. Retrieved 9 April 2017.
- Gillian Graham, "Tradition roars on at speedway; At Beech Ridge on a summer Saturday, a younger crowd joins longtime car-racing fans, keeping the track vibrant." Portland Press Herald, August 5, 2012 – via HighBeam Research (subscription required).
- Brian Swartz, "Nascar Sanctions Beech Ridge Motor Speedway In Scarborough", Bangor Daily News, May 2, 1995.
- "Fans and employees 'devastated' by sale of Scarborough's Beech Ridge Motor Speedway". 13 September 2021.
- "Beech Ridge Holds a Final Day of Racing Before Closure". U.S. News & World Report L.P. Associated Press. September 26, 2021. Retrieved July 17, 2022.