Jump to navigation Jump to search
Beeching is an English surname. Either a derivative of the old English bece, bæce "stream", hence "dweller by the stream" or of the old English bece "beech-tree" hence "dweller by the beech tree".
People called Beeching include:-
- Henry Charles Beeching (1859–1919) clergyman, author and poet
- Jack Beeching (John Charles Stuart Beeching) (1922–2001), British poet
- Richard Beeching (1913–1985), chairman of British Railways
- Thomas Beeching (1900–1971), English soldier and cricketer
- Vicky Beeching (Victoria Louise Beeching) (born 1979), British-born Christian singer
- Beeching Axe, informal name for the report "The Reshaping of British Railways"
- Oxford Dictionary of English Surnames, Reaney & Wilson, Oxford University Press 2005
|surname Beeching. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.This page lists people with the|