|Origin||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada|
|Genres||Indie Rock, Math Rock|
|Associated acts||Hey Ocean!, Sidney York, Katie Rox|
beekeeper is a Canadian indie rock band from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. Their debut album, BE KEPT, was released independently on September 15, 2010. It was recorded (in part) and mixed by Colin Stewart (The New Pornographers, Dan Mangan, Kathryn Calder) at The Hive Creative Labs. The first single from the album was "Sudden Cuckoo" and charted on numerous Canadian college radio stations, reaching No. 102 overall. The song has also been in rotation on CBC Radio 3.
In 2012, beekeeper released a single entitled "Take Me Back (To The Place)" on 7-inch vinyl. The vinyl also contains a B-side entitled "Bad Advice".
In February 2013, beekeeper released their third recording, entitled "Shout At People".
- Slaven, Rebecca. "Beekeeper Keeps it Interesting", Sad Mag, October 2010.
- (February 12, 2011). "The R3-30 Chart Archived 2010-07-13 at the Wayback Machine.", CBC Radio 3. Retrieved 2011-05-16.
- "BC’s Beekeeper swings by the Dugout", Windsor Zene, March 2011.
- (January 20, 2012) In musical labour. Queen's Journal. Retrieved 2012-04-12.
- (July 11, 2011) "Summer Live w/ Hey Ocean! ..." Retrieved 2012-04-12.
- (January 20, 2012), "Classic Rock Indie Invasion Session 11". Retrieved 2012-04-12.
- (February 2, 2012). "Playing at The Cellar with Stellar All-Star Band!". Retrieved 2012-04-12.
- Derdeyn, Stuart. "beekeeper releases third EP Shout At People". The Province. Archived from the original on 10 February 2013. Retrieved 30 January 2013.
|This article about a Canadian musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|