This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Look up cocktail in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A beer cocktail is a cocktail that is made by mixing beer with a distilled beverage or another style of beer. In this type of cocktail, the primary ingredient is beer. A mixture of beer with a beverage that contains a soft drink is usually called a shandy.
List of beer cocktails
- Admiral’s Flush - Guinness with a shot of port added in
- Black and Tan – A layered drink made from a blend of pale ale and a dark beer such as a stout or porter. Traditionally uses bitter and stout.
- Black Velvet – A layered drink using a combination of Stout and sparkling wine or champagne. A "Poor man's Black velvet" uses cider instead of champagne.
- Blow my Skull Off – Ale or porter with rum and brandy
- Boilermaker – Mild ale mixed with bottled brown ale (UK). The US version is a glass of beer with a shot of whiskey. The beer is either served as a chaser or mixed with the whiskey.
- Brass Monkey – There are at least two cocktails going by this name. The beer version is created by adding orange juice to malt liquor.
- Bul – equal parts Corona (or pilsner or pale ale) and ginger ale, and lime juice. This sweet drink is a Cuban favorite.
- Coronarita – Overturned Corona bottle draining into a margarita.
- Clam Pint - Lager with Clamato. Occasionally served premixed or with the Clamato separate for the customer to add. Popular in Western Canada
- Depth Charge – Pint of beer with a bomb shot of Drambuie dropped within. A "depth charge" is also another name for a bomb shot.
- Dog's Nose – Beer and gin, referred to in Tom Sharpe's book Grantchester Grind.
- Flaming Doctor Pepper - a flaming drink made from a bomb shot of high-proof alcohol and Amaretto ignited and dropped into a pint of beer. Tastes like Dr Pepper.
- Hangman's Blood – Porter combined with brandy, gin and rum.
- Horse's Jizz – Half a glass of beer (usually lager) with half a glass of whole milk.
- Incredible Hulk - a variation of the cognac drink of the same name. Both share the similarity of a Hulk-like, green color. It combines equal parts of lager and WKD Blue.
- Irish Car Bomb – a pint glass containing half a pint of Irish stout with a mixed bomb shot of Irish cream and Irish whiskey.
- Lunchbox – Beer mixed with orange juice and a shot of Amaretto
- Michelada – "Prepared beer" (or a lager) with citrus juice (e.g. lime juice), tomato juice, seasoning, chili sauce and Worcester sauce. This tart, salty, and sour drink is popular in Mexico.
- Micky Mouse – Equal parts of lager and bitter 
- Nueva Cuba – Tecate light with Coca-Cola.
- Porchcrawler – Equal parts of beer, vodka, and lemonade concentrate.
- Portagaff – Stout with lemonade.
- Red eye - beer, Clamato juice, chili sauce, Worcester sauce.
- Sake bomb – Shot of sake poured or dropped into a glass of beer.
- Shandy or radler – Beer with lemonade, citrus soda, ginger beer, ginger ale, or fruit juice, e.g. grapefruit.
- Snakebite – Equal parts of lager and cider.
- Snakebite & Black – Equal parts of lager and cider, and a shot of blackcurrant squash. Originally creme de cassis was added instead of squash.
- Smooth tickle – Bud Light, iced tea, and sugar.
- Somaek – Soju with beer. The ratio varies liberally.
- Tom Bass – Bass ale with a shot of Jägermeister served in a pint glass.
- Turbo Shandy - equal parts of strong lager and lemonade flavored alcopop.
- U-Boot – Glass of beer with a bomb shot containing vodka "submerged" in it.
- Vancouver Vice – Weiss beer based cocktail with gin, bitters, Pimms, citrus juices and strawberry honey syrup.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-12-24. Retrieved 2015-01-27.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Dave & Buster's – Drink Menu – Best Sports Bar Ever". Dave & Buster's Drinks.
- "Lunchbox Recipe". NYT Cooking. Retrieved 2018-02-09.
- Maunder, Hilke; Reincke, Madeleine (26 April 2013). "SŸdengland : Baedeker-Wissen: Eurotunnel: Huckepack nach England ; Kšnig Artus: Legende und Literatur ; Stonehenge: Zeuge der Megalithkultur ; Bankenplatz London: Europas Weltfinanzzentrum ; mit gro§er Reisekarte". Baedeker – via Google Books.
- Beer Magazine Sept/Oct 2009 Issue 12
- "10 Summer Beer Cocktails That Don't Suck". Coedmagazine.com. Retrieved 2013-10-28.
- Beer Wrangler "A perfect beer cocktail for the summer".