||This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2011)
||Look up cocktail in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.
A beer cocktail is a cocktail that is made by mixing beer with a distilled beverage or another style of beer. In this type of cocktail, the primary ingredient is beer. A mixture of beer with a beverage that contains a soft drink is usually called a shandy.
List of beer cocktails
- Black and Tan – Made from a blend of pale ale and a dark beer such as a stout or porter. Traditionally uses bitter and stout.
- Black Velvet – Stout with some sparkling wine or champagne. Cheap version uses cider and stout.
- Boilermaker – Mild ale mixed with bottled brown ale or in the US a glass of beer with a shot of whiskey.
- Brass Monkey – Beverage created by adding orange juice to a partially drunk 40 ounce. Named after the Beastie Boys song although disputed whether this is the drink referred to in the song.
- Coronarita – Overturned Corona bottle draining into a margarita.
- Clam Pint – Lager with clamato. Occasionally served premixed or with the Clamato in a sidecar for the customer to add. Popular in Western Canada
- Dog's Nose – Beer and gin, referred to in Tom Sharpe's book Grantchester Grind.
- Flaming Doctor Pepper – Flaming drink made from beer, high-proof alcohol and Amaretto. Tastes like Dr Pepper.
- Hangman's Blood – Porter combined with brandy, gin, and rum.
- Irish Car Bomb – Irish stout with a mixed shot of Irish cream and Irish whiskey.
- Michelada – Beer mixed with lemon juice, salt, Worcestershire sauce, Valentina and Maggi hot sauces.
- Micky Mouse – Equal parts of lager and bitter 
- Porchcrawler – Equal parts of beer, vodka, and lemonade concentrate.
- Red Eye - Beer, Clamato juice, Worcestershire sauce, pepper.
- Sake bomb – Shot of sake poured or dropped into a glass of beer.
- Snakebite – Equal parts of lager and cider
- Tom Bass – Bass ale with a shot of Jägermeister served in a pint glass.
- U-Boot – Glass of beer with a shot glass containing vodka "submerged" in it.