Beer yoga is a term coined by Brooke Larson of "Beer Yoga, LLC" in February 2014. Beer yoga or brewery yoga is a form of yoga in which attendees practice yoga at breweries or taprooms, sometimes drinking beer while performing yoga moves. The origin of combining beer and yoga is uncertain but instructors such as Mikki Trowbridge of Yoga + Beer have been hosting yoga classes at breweries since late 2013. The American business model is widely known for hosting yoga classes at fun, laid-back locations , so that participants may try yoga in a non-intimidating, inexpensive environment. Drinking beer happens after practicing yoga for the majority of American brewery yoga companies. A company started in Germany in 2015, known as "BierYoga" has since become popular in several countries, such as Australia and Thailand. These companies have grown in popularity, as they use the beer bottle during each yoga session. However, some fitness experts have criticized this specific form of beer yoga as a marketing gimmick and call it unhealthy.
- "Brooke Larson (Beer Yoga, LLC) (@beeryoga) • Instagram photos and videos". www.instagram.com. Retrieved 2017-08-30.
- "The Oddly Perfect Couple: Beer and Yoga". YOGA TRAVEL TREE. Retrieved 2017-08-30.
- Connor, Liz (26 April 2017). "Beer yoga is the fitness trend that will let you drink while you downward dog". Evening Standard. Retrieved 27 April 2017.
- "Yoga + Beer® (@yogaandbeer) • Instagram photos and videos". www.instagram.com. Retrieved 2017-08-30.
- "BierYoga (@bieryoga) • Instagram photos and videos". www.instagram.com. Retrieved 2017-08-30.
- "Have you got the bottle for 'beer yoga'?". BBC. 25 April 2017. Retrieved 27 April 2017.
- Verma, Abhinav (26 April 2017). "Beer + Yoga: Experts say mixing the two is not a good idea for your health". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 27 April 2017.
|This Yoga-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|