|Single by Toby Keith|
|from the album Clancy's Tavern|
|Released||March 12, 2012|
|Label||Show Dog-Universal Music|
|Toby Keith singles chronology|
"Beers Ago" is a song co-written and recorded by American country music artist Toby Keith. It was released in March 2012 as the third and final single to his fifteenth studio album, Clancy's Tavern. Keith co-wrote the song with Bobby Pinson. A remixed version by DJ Jason Nevins also appears on the deluxe edition of Keith's sixteenth studio album, Hope on the Rocks. To date, this is Keith's last Top 10 hit.
The song is a reminiscence about the narrator's teenage years, saying that they still seem like yesterday "even though / That was fourteen hundred and fifty-two beers ago".
Billy Dukes of Taste of Country gave the song three and a half stars out of five, writing that "his rapid-fire lyrics fit like pieces to a puzzle, with smart rhymes and imaginative references that captivate." Kevin John Coyne of Country Universe gave the song a B+ grade, saying that "there's a vibrancy to it because of Keith's skill as a vocalist."
|Canada (Canadian Hot 100)||54|
|US Billboard Hot 100||52|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||6|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||47|
|United States (RIAA)||Gold||500,000^|
*sales figures based on certification alone
- Conaway, Alanna (March 18, 2012). "Toby Keith, 'Beers Ago' – Lyrics Uncovered". Taste of Country. Retrieved April 18, 2012.
- Dukes, Billy (March 12, 2012). "Toby Keith, 'Beers Ago' – Song Review". Taste of Country. Retrieved April 18, 2012.
- Coyne, Kevin John (March 21, 2012). "Single Review: Toby Keith, "Beers Ago"". Country Universe. Retrieved April 18, 2012.
- Morris, Edward (March 17, 2012). "Charts: Dierks Bentley's "Home," Lady A's Own the Night Own the Heights". Country Music Television. Retrieved April 18, 2012.
- "Toby Keith – Chart history" Canadian Hot 100 for Toby Keith.
- "Toby Keith – Chart history" Billboard Hot 100 for Toby Keith.
- "Toby Keith – Chart history" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Toby Keith.
- "Best of 2012: Country Songs". Billboard. 2012. Retrieved December 14, 2012.
- "American single certifications – Toby Keith – Beers Ago". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved May 9, 2013. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH