Promotional film poster
|Directed by||Andrew Bujalski|
|Produced by||Dia Sokol|
|Written by||Andrew Bujalski|
|Edited by||Andrew Bujalski|
|Distributed by||The Cinema Guild|
- Tilly Hatcher as Jeannie
- Maggie Hatcher as Lauren
- Anne Dodge as Amanda
- Alex Karpovsky as Merrill
- Katy O'Connor as Corinne
- David Zellner as Scott
The film opened to mixed reviews. Review aggregate Rotten Tomatoes reports that 73% of 45 critics gave the film a positive review, with an average score of 6.7/10. The website reported the critical consensus warned that "Andrew Bujalski's third effort will test the patience of some filmgoers", but lauded the film as "a warm, funny, and honest introduction to the mumblecore movement". Review aggregator Metacritic assigned the film a weighted average score of 70 (out of 100) based on 14 reviews from mainstream critics, considered to be "generally favorable reviews."
- Knegt, Peter (February 10, 2009). "Berlin Round Up IV: "Beeswax," "The Countess," and the Discontent of Berlin '09 Critics". IndieWIRE. Retrieved July 5, 2011.
- O'Hehir, Andrew (August 6, 2009). "Does "Beeswax" mark the death of mumblecore?". Salon.com. Retrieved July 5, 2011.[permanent dead link]
- "Rotten Tomatoes". Retrieved July 5, 2011.
- "Metacritic". Retrieved July 5, 2011.
- "Beeswax". Amazon.com. Retrieved July 5, 2011.