Beethoven Sonatas, Volume 2, No. 3, Op. 69; No. 5 Op. 102, No. 2
Beethoven Sonatas, Volume 2, No. 3, Op. 69; No. 5 Op. 102, No. 2 is a 1984 album of two sonatas written by Ludwig van Beethoven performed by Yo-Yo Ma and Emanuel Ax. The album marks the beginning of what would be over two decades of working together[by whom?].
Sonata No. 3 for Cello and Piano/Klavier, Op. 69 (A Major/A-Dur/la majeur)
1. I - Allegro ma non tanto
2. II - Scherzo: Allegro molto
3. III - Adagio cantabile; Allegro vivace
Sonata No. 5 for Cello and Piano/Klavier, Op. 102, no. 2 (D Major/D-Dur/ré majeur)
1. I - Allegro con brio
2. II - Adagio con molto sentimento d’affetto
3. III - Allegro fugato
Yo-Yo Ma, Cello
Emanuel Ax, Piano
Produced by James Mallinson
Control Engineer: Bud Graham
CBS/Engineer: John Newtorn
Soundtream/Digital Engineer: Tom MacCluskey
Cover Design: Audrey Satterwhite
Photography: Bill King
CBS Masterworks Release Date: October 25, 1990
Original Release: 1984
- Sheen, Scalla (December 1, 2004). "Yo-Yo Ma and Emanuel Ax Celebrate 20 Years of Musical Collaboration in an All-Beethoven Program at UCLA Live Dec. 6". UCLA Newsroom. Retrieved 2013-08-27.
Ma and Ax recently celebrated 20 years of collaboration with a recital at Carnegie Hall. Together they have earned three Grammy Awards and continue to tour together as they share a devotion to the chamber music literature.
- Barnes & Noble.com - Music: Beethoven: Cello Sonatas Nos. 3 & 5, Yo-Yo Ma, CD
|This classical music album-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|