Before Armageddon: An Anthology of Victorian and Edwardian Imaginative Fiction Published Before 1914 is a collection of stories, including invasion literature, and one article, all edited by Michael Moorcock. Originally published in hardback by W.H. Allen in 1975, it was re-issued as a paperback by Star in 1976.
- "Introduction" - Michael Moorcock
- "The Battle of Dorking" - George Tomkyns Chesney (Blackwood’s, May, 1871)
- "Dr. Trifulgas" - Jules Verne (The Strand, July 1892; Le Figaro Illustre, December 1884)
- "The Raid of Le Vengeur" - George Griffith (Pearson’s Magazine (US) February 1901)
- "The Great War in England in 1897" - William Le Queux (Answers, 1893)
- "Life in Our New Century" - W. J. Wintle (The Harmsworth Magazine, January 1901)
- "The Three Drugs" - E. Nesbit (The Strand, Feb 1908)
- England Invaded, a second collection
- Paul K. Alkon (15 April 2013). Science Fiction Before 1900: Imagination Discovers Technology. Routledge. p. 155. ISBN 978-1-134-98049-9.
|This article about an anthology of written works is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|