|Key people||Scott Belsky; Will Allen|
|Alexa rank||333 (April 2019[update])|
|Launched||November 6, 2005|
People join Behance and build profiles consisting of Projects. A Project is a grouping of images, videos, and other digital content with a particular theme or process. Every Project has a unique URL that can be shared. Each Project has a view and Appreciation counter so you can track how many people have viewed your Project and given you an Appreciation, or kudos on a job well done.
Members of Behance can Follow your profile and you can, in turn, follow other members. When you Follow someone, their updates (Projects they’ve uploaded, Appreciated, or Added to a Collection) appear in your For You page.
Businesses like LinkedIn, AIGA, Adweek, and Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum, and schools such as Art Center College of Design, Rhode Island School of Design (RISD), School of Visual Arts (SVA), Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD), and the Maryland Institute College of Art (MICA) have used their services.
In July 2018, Behance had over 10 million members.
Content from the Behance Network gets fed into a network of sites called the Served sites, which display work in specific categories such as fashion, industrial design, and typography. In September 2010, more were added, including branding, digital art and toy design. In April 2012, advertising, art, architecture and more were added as categories.
Action Method is a productivity methodology targeting creative professionals. It includes a line of paper products (since 2014 sold by The Ghostly Store rather than Behance itself) and an online application called Action Method Online (discontinued 1 June 2014).
99U is a consulting service and annual conference in New York City that focuses on marketing. The name 99U comes from the Thomas Edison quote that "Genius is 1% inspiration, 99% perspiration." In 2011, 99U won a Webby Award for "Best Cultural Blog."
- 2009 Webby Award Finalist (The Behance Network) – Self-Promotion/Portfolio Category
- 2009 Silicon Alley Insider Award Finalist – Most Loved Product or Service
- 2011 Webby Award Winner (The 99%) – Best Cultural Blog
- 2017 Webby Award Winner (Behance) – Community
- Registration is required for certain tasks.
- "behance.net Site Overview". Alexa. Alexa Internet. Retrieved 17 October 2014.
- "BeHance.net WHOIS, DNS, & Domain Info - DomainTools". WHOIS. Retrieved 2016-12-09.
- "News Analysis Adobe Behances The Creative Class With 150M Community Acquisition". blog.softwareinsider.org. Retrieved February 21, 2013.
- "Adobe Acquires Social Media Platform Behance to Power its Creative Cloud Community". techcrunch.com. Retrieved February 21, 2013.
- School Galleries on Behance Archived 2015-07-13 at the Wayback Machine, Behance.net
- "On Using Graph Database technology at Behance. Interview with David Fox | ODBMS Industry Watch". Retrieved 2019-05-20.
- "2011 Webby Award Winners". Webbyawards.com. October 28, 2011. Archived from the original on January 26, 2012. Retrieved January 16, 2012.
- "Congratulations To The Winners Of The 2009 Silicon Alley Awards!". Business Insider.
- "Home". Archived from the original on 2012-01-26.
- "Behance -- The Webby Awards". Retrieved 2019-04-14.