16 May 1989 |
Grootfontein, South-West Africa (modern day Namibia)
|Spouse(s)||Adam Levine (m. 2014)|
|Height||180 cm (5 ft 11 in)|
|Hair color||Light brown|
Behati Prinsloo (/ / bee-AH-tee PRINS-loo; Afrikaans: [ˈbɛɦɐti ˈprənsloə]; born 16 May 1989) is a Namibian model. In 2008, she became the first Victoria's Secret PINK contract model, and moved on to become a Victoria's Secret Angel in 2009. She has walked in nine consecutive Victoria's Secret Fashion Shows (2007,2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015). She has opened two Victoria's Secret Fashion Shows in a row (2014 and 2015). The video of Behati finding out she is opening her second Victoria's Secret Fashion Show in a row has over one million views on YouTube.
Prinsloo was born and raised in Namibia (then a trust territory of South Africa called South-West Africa until 1990), where her father, Boet, is a church minister, and her mother, Magda, runs a bed and breakfast. She grew up speaking Afrikaans and was educated in English.
Her modeling career began when she was discovered while vacationing in Cape Town with her grandparents. "We went to the grocery store after church and this guy came up to me and asked if I was a model and wrote his number on a piece of paper...".
Prinsloo debuted as a Prada/Miu Miu Exclusive. Soon after, Juergen Teller photographed her for her debut ad campaign, Marc by Marc Jacobs, and she soon was photographed by Mario Testino and Paolo Roversi for British Vogue, and David Sims for W Magazine.
Behati has walked in fashion shows for Alexander Wang, Louis Vuitton, Miu Miu, Versace, Calvin Klein, Givenchy, Chanel, Alexander McQueen, Jil Sander, Marc Jacobs, Proenza Schouler, Christian Dior, Ralph Lauren, Anna Sui, Michael Kors, and Saint Laurent.
She has been on the covers of Vogue Spain, Vogue Turkey, Vogue Brasil, Vogue Mexico, Vogue Russia, Vogue Thailand, Elle France, Elle Spain, Elle Italia, Elle Sweden, L'official Netherlands, Marie Claire Greece, Marie Claire South Africa, i-D Magazine, V Magazine, Russh Magazine, 10 Magazine, The Edit, Jalouse, and So It Goes Magazine.
Iconic photographers such as David Sims, Mario Testino, Patrick Demarchelier, Bruce Weber, Juergen Teller, Peter Lindbergh, Steven Klein, Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin, Craig McDean, Fabien Baron, Paolo Roversi, Harri Peccinotti, Sølve Sundsbø, Glen Luchford, Daniel Jackson, Christian MacDonald, Josh Olins, Collier Schorr, Robbie Fimmano, Gregory Harris, Paola Kudacki, Liz Collins, Boo George, Greg Kadel, Cuneyt Akeroglu, Camilla Akrans, Katja Rahlwes, Terry Richardson, Mariano Vivanco, Ari Marcopoulos, Matt Jones, Guy Aroch, and Russell James have all photographed Behati.
Her ad campaigns include I Love Juicy Couture Fragrance, I Am Juicy Couture Fragrance, Juicy Couture Black Label, Tommy Hilfiger, Alexander Wang 'Do Something', T by Alexander Wang, Marc by Marc Jacobs, H&M, Nina Ricci, The Gap, Aquascutum, M Missoni, Sportmax, DKNY Jeans, Pepe Jeans, Lancaster, Stefanel, Esprit, Lacoste, Desigual, Seafolly, Nine West, and Raw Spirit Fragrance.
In 2010 Behati broadened her horizons and entered the world of fashion design by designing "Behati Loves Pink" swimsuit capsule collection for Victoria's Secret. In 2014 she designed a line of denim for THVM. Most recently she designed a fashion and accessories collection for Juicy Couture.
Models.com ranks Behati on their lists of 'The Top Sexiest Models' as well as their list of 'The Money Girls'.
The night before 4 December 2012 airing of the annual Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, Prinsloo and fellow Victoria's Secret models Jacquelyn Jablonski and Jasmine Tookes guest starred on 3 December "Ha'awe Make Loa" episode of CBS' Hawaii Five-0 playing themselves. In June 2014, Prinsloo made a cameo appearance in a preview of Missy Elliott protégée Sharaya J's "Shut It Down" via a T by Alexander Wang campaign.
Behati has embarked on a charitable trip to Haiti, following 2010's devastating earthquake that caused irreparable damage to the small nation. Partnering with LakayPam - an organization dedicated to helping children in developing nations meet their basic needs - she collected and delivered hundreds of letters of hope from all over the world and helped raise funds. The letters offered words of encouraging support and sentiments of solidarity.
When she made the journey to Haiti, she was accompanied by a cameraman and his friend. The resulting short film, Letters To Haiti, debuted December 7, 2011 at Milk Gallery in New York and is now available to watch and be inspired by. Behati's black and white prints of the Haitian children were also sold in a silent auction on the night, with all proceeds going to LakayPam.
In May 2012 Prinsloo began dating Maroon 5 frontman Adam Levine. Prinsloo married Adam Levine in Mexico on 19 July 2014. Prinsloo gave birth to the couple's first child, a daughter, in September 2016.
|2012||Hawaii Five-0||Herself||Episode: "Ha'awe Make Loa"|
|2034||"Rich Girls"||The Virgins|
- "Behati Prinsloo". Fashion Model Directory. Retrieved 17 April 2012.
- Wang, Connie. "Behati Prinsloo". Teen Vogue. Archived from the original on 11 June 2012. Retrieved 17 April 2012.
- "Behati Prinsloo". Storm Model Management. Retrieved 4 December 2016.
- "Behati Prinsloo". Storm Models. Archived from the original on 26 July 2014. Retrieved 5 September 2014.
- "My name is Behati". rokvillecreative. Retrieved 27 April 2014.
- "Behati Prinsloo model profile". Models.com.
- "Behati Prinsloo". AskMen. Retrieved 7 March 2013.
- "Behati Prinsloo's model profile". New York Magazine. Retrieved 17 April 2012.
- "Adam Levine, Behati Prinsloo Wedding Plans Revealed: Candice Swanepoel Is A Bridesmaid!". Fashion&Style.com.
- Interview with Behati Prinsloo Posted on TUESDAY, 18 July 2006
- "VS Angel Behati Prinsloo Guest Stars on Hawaii Five-0 showing them modeling for Victoria's Secret. This Monday". Victoria's Secret. 30 November 2012. Retrieved 5 December 2012.
- "Watching The Week > Film > 3. T by Alexander Wang 2014 Campaign". HUNGERTV.com. 8 June 2014. Retrieved 10 June 2014.
- Dam, Julie (16 July 2013). "Adam Levine Engaged to Behati Prinsloo". People. Time Inc. Retrieved 31 May 2014.
- Nessif, Bruna (19 July 2014). "Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Are Married!". E! News. Retrieved 21 July 2014.
- French, Megan (22 September 2016). "Behati Prinsloo, Adam Levine's Baby Dusty Rose Is 'Beautiful': Details". Us Weekly. United States: Wenner Media LLC. Archived from the original on 22 September 2016. Retrieved September 22, 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Behati Prinsloo.|