This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Article requires copy editing and checking throughout. (December 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Salimi at the 2018 Asian Games
|Full name||Behdad Salimi Kordasiabi|
|Born||8 December 1989|
Ghaemshahr, Mazandaran, Iran
|Residence||Ghaemshahr, Mazandaran, Iran|
|Alma mater||Qaemshahr University|
|Coached by||Ghasem Ghazalian|
Mohammad Hossein Barkhah
|Achievements and titles|
Behdad Salimi Kordasiabi (Persian: بهداد سلیمی كردآسیابی, born 8 December 1989) is former Iranian heavyweight weightlifter. He won gold medals at the 2012 Olympics, 2010–2018 Asian Games, 2010 and 2011 World Championships and 2009–2012 Asian Championships. He served as the flag bearer Iran at the opening ceremony of the 2014 Asian Games.
At the 2010 World Weightlifting Championships Salimi won the gold medal in the +105 kg category. Salimi won gold again in the +105 kg category at the 2010 Asian Games with a 205 kg snatch and a 235 kg clean and jerk.
At the Rio 2016 Olympics, he broke the world record snatch set moments before by Lasha Talakhadze, making 216 kg, in the clean and jerk he initially completed a lift of 245 kg which was approved by all three referees before being controversially disqualified by the jury. Iran’s National Olympics Committee filed an application to the CAS. The International Weightlifting Federation website was hacked the next morning and its Instagram page flooded with over 285,000 comments.
Leaving National Team
After 2012 London Olympic games he and other Olympic medalists of Iran protested against Iran's national weightlifting team head coach Kourosh Bagheri for using offensive language in training and declined to attend national team exercises. As a result of a heavy argument on a live TV debate between Salimi and Kourosh Bagheri, the Iranian Weightlifting Federation dismissed Salimi and other weightlifters, and did not invite any of the London medalists for the 2013 Asian Weightlifting Championships and 2013 World Weightlifting Championships.
|Year||Venue||Weight||Snatch (kg)||Clean & Jerk (kg)||Total||Rank|
|2012||London, United Kingdom||+105 kg||201||205||208||2||247||--||1||455|
|2016||Rio de Janeiro, Brazil||+105 kg||206||211||216 WR||1||-||-||-|
|2010||Antalya, Turkey||+105 kg||203||208||241||245||453|
|2011||Paris, France||+105 kg||201||209||214 WR||241||250||464|
|2014||Almaty, Kazakhstan||+105 kg||206||246||251||457|
|2017||Anaheim, United States||+105 kg||205||211||242||5||453|
|2010||Guangzhou, China||+105 kg||201||205||1||235||2||440|
|2014||Incheon, South Korea||+105 kg||200||210||1||241||255||--||1||465|
|2018||Jakarta, Indonesia||+105 kg||200||208||2||237||246||253||1||461|
|2009||Taldykorgan, kazakhstan||+105 kg||180||190||220||231||--||421|
|2011||Tongling, China||+105 kg||200||205||208||241||250||--||458|
|2012||Pyeongtaek, South Korea||+105 kg||196||201||206||245||451|
|2016||Tehran, Iran||+105 kg||195||201||205||225||430|
|World Junior Championships|
|2008||Cali, Colombia||+105 kg||181||186||220||406|
|2009||Bukarest, Romania||+105 kg||181||190||195||222||228||423|
|Asian Junior Championships|
|2008||Jeonju, South Korea||+105 kg||185||222||407|
- BEHDAD SALIMIKORDASIABI. asiangames2018.id
- "Behdad Salimi". sports-reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Archived from the original on 12 November 2014. Retrieved 11 June 2014.
- Behdad Salimi. London2012.com. Retrieved on 30 August 2018.
- "Behdad Salimi". iwf.net. IWF. Retrieved 8 October 2014.
- سليمي به تيم وزنهبرداري ذوب آهن پيوست ورزش ۳
- Jury Panel Lets Iran’s Salimi Down in Men's 105+kg. Kayhan.ir (17 August 2016). Retrieved on 2018-08-30.
- "Behdad Salimi Wins the Supers at the World Weightlifting Championships". IronMind. 26 September 2010. Retrieved 2 July 2012.
- "Asian Games Weightlifting: Behdad Salimi Wins the Supers!". IronMind. 19 November 2010. Retrieved 2 July 2012.
- "Behdad Salimi: 216-kg World Record Snatch". IronMind. 17 August 2016. Retrieved 2 July 2012.
- "Iran's Behdad Salimi Won Gold Medal in Men's Weightlifting +105kg". Kabir News. Retrieved 7 August 2012.
- London 2012 105kg superheavyweight men – Olympic Weightlifting. London2012.com. Retrieved on 30 August 2018.
- Bend, Bar (2 June 2016). "Behdad Salimi Returns to Competition, Goes 205/225 at Fajr Cup". Bar Bend Blog. Retrieved 9 August 2016.
- "Top weightlifters to watch in Rio". Archived from the original on 7 August 2016. Retrieved 9 August 2016.
- "Iran slam Olympic lifting conspiracy as riot police called". Retrieved 17 August 2016.
- Iran files application to CAS on Salimi’s case – Mehr News Agency. En.mehrnews.com (17 August 2016). Retrieved on 2018-08-30.
- Reuters. "Weightlifting under fire from angry Iranians: 1.6 million times". Retrieved 9 December 2018.
- International Weightlifting Federation website hacked after Iranian’s controversial Olympic exit. AFP via Japan Times
- All Things Gym. "Weightlifting News: Iranian Weightlifters Leave / Got Kicked Off Team". Retrieved 9 December 2018.
- "Iranian Weightlifter Behdad Salimi Announces Retirement After 2018 Asian Games - BarBend". BarBend. 27 August 2018. Retrieved 4 November 2018.
- سایت شبکه ورزش – بهداد سلیمی در گفتگوی اختصاصی با شبکه ورزش سیما از دنیای حرفه ای خداحافظی کرد ,بهداد سلیمی. Varzeshtv.ir. Retrieved on 30 August 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Behdad Salimi.|