|• Type||Local Self Government.|
|• Body||Gram Panchayat|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Sex ratio||49:51 ♂/♀|
|Land of Goddess Maa Danteswari|
Behera ( // ( listen);Odia: ବେହେରା) is generally known as the main head of Dandapat Anchala in Kalahandi. Behera is a hill town and Gram Panchayat of Dharamgarh Tehsil. It is maintaining distance of 20 km from Dharamgarh and 14 km from Athara-Nala forest.Behera Dam is situated near by which is 18 km from the village. This small hill town is surrounded by forests and is situated nearly to a very well known tourist place Dokrichanchra of Kalahandi. Behera is 65 km distance from its District Main City Bhawanipatna, and 560 km distance from its State Capital Bhubaneswar. Lack of infrastructure facilities like roads and banking services are hindrances to the development of this area. Local public demands For a Block (panchayat samiti) to developed the Dandapat region , But political leaders have neglected to improvements of this area. Behera is also lacking established banking services. In the past, the area was famous for Ghumura dance and Banabadi.Currently Mr Balaram Pujhari Won as a Chairman Of Dharamgarh Panchayat Samiti. He is Elected as a Panchayat Samiti Member From BEHERA G.P.
As of 2011[update] census, Total Population of Behera was 6,948, where it constitutes 52% of male and 48% female. Behera had a total literacy population of 5,947, from which male literacy 90% and female literacy 60%. Total SC population of this town was 1526 and Total ST population was 2246. As per census 2011 it is estimated that the population of Behera is near about 6948.
Written and spoken languages
- Govt.Danteswari High School,Behera
- Govt.U.P and M.E Nodal School
- Tandapara U.P School
- Saraswati Sishu Vidya Mandir
- Kasturaba Gandhi Abasika Balika Vidyalaya
- G.M Public School
- Govt Primary School Bankimunda, Behera
- Bharuamunda Primary School, Behera
- Primary School Gaintapada,Behera
- Centre Primary School, Nunpani, Behera
- Primary School (New) Pipalpada Behera
- Lakhiram Agrawal College
- Sub-Divisional Headquarters Hospital, Dharamgarh
- Sardar Raja Medical College, Jaring
- District Headquarters Hospital, Bhawanipatna
- Life Worth Hospital, Bhawanipatna
- Primary Health Centre, Behera
- Office Of The Assistant Veterinary surgeon, Behera
- Homeopathy Hospital Behera
- Sub health centre Behera
- State Bank of India Dharamgarh Main Branch
- State Bank of India Dharamgarh Bazar Branch
- State Bank of India Koksara Branch
- Indian Overseas Bank Dharamgarh Branch
- Indian Overseas Bank Behera Sab Branch
- Bank of Baroda Dharamgarh Branch
- Axis Bank Limited (Private sector) Dharamgarh Branch
- DCB BANK LTD PVT SECTOR Dharamgarh Branch
- State Bank Of India Charbahal Branch
- Utkal Gramya Bank Parla ,Dharamgarh and Kankeri Branch
- The Bhawanipatna Central Co-operative Bank Limited Dharamgarh
- SBI CSP BEHERA
Kiosk Operator Name Mr Premachand PANIGRAHI
- SBI CSP BEHERA UNDER KOKSARA BRANCH
Kiosk Operator Name Mr Chintamani Chandi
Govt Offices in Behera
- Office Of The Revnue Inspector.
- Police Out Post Gotomunda Behera
- Post Office Behera 22/07/1961
- Homeopathy Hospital Behera
- Forest Office Behera Section Dharamgarh Range.
- Primary Agriculture Co Operative Society Limited Behera Estd 01/06/1955
- 33/11 KV grid substation.
- Revnue Bungalow.
- Behera Gram Panchayat Estd 01/02/1950
- Rajiv Gandhi Seva Kendra Behera GP
- LAMPCS God Own Behera
- Office of the Dam Project Behera
- Office of the Medical Officer PHC, Behera
- Telephone Exchange Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited Behera Area
- RMC GOD OWN BEHERA
- Goddes Danteswari Temple
- Lord Shiva Temple
- Lord Jagannath Temple
- Sri Budharaja Temple
- Hanuman Temple
- Manpuriani Temple Behera
- Sarbajanina Durga Mandap.
- Danteswari Dushara
- Budharaja Dushara
- Makar Sakranti
- Durga Puja
- Ganesh Pooja
- Laxmi Puja
- Dhanujatra (Dandaparta Danujatra)
Generally in Behera, many kinds of cereal and pulses are cultivated, mainly paddy and maize. It is a market place for surrounding small villages, and is also one of the main grain collection centers in Kalahandi District. Most people are dependent on agriculture as their source of income. Two rice mills are situated here to process the paddy. Rice is the main grain which is cultivated in this area. Nearly 2 lakh quintals of paddy and one lakh quintals of maize are collected and produced here. Chidanand Rice Mill is located in Behera. It has 3 sortex rice mills and 2 Plane rice mills. Panigrahi Farm House is located nearby Behera.
The most popular sports in Behera are Association Football and Cricket.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-06-08. Retrieved 2014-06-22.