Behind the Mask (memoir)
|Publisher||Liberties Press, Dublin, Ireland|
Behind the Mask is an autobiographical memoir written by Patrick Treacy, which describes his training as a doctor, his travels and work after qualification, and a period during which he provided medical treatment to Michael Jackson.. In Ireland, he became his dermatologist treating conditions like his vitiligo and developed a deeper friendship with the singer. Jackson and Treacy shared a common interest in HIV and Africa, and worked on humanitarian projects together. The Hans India in their review of the memoir stated 'Treacy has also defended Jackson in his book where he writes about Jackson's empathy towards children suffering from HIV in Rwanda and expressed his desire to do a concert from them'.   
- Deidre Reynolds (October 3, 2015). "Jackson's tears for Irish youngsters burnt in car arson". The Sun. Retrieved February 28, 2016.
- Frances Kenny (August 4, 2015). "Dr. Patrick Treacy's New Book : "Behind The Mask" (the Irishman who became Michael Jackson's doctor)". LMJ Magazine. Archived from the original on 2016-03-07.
- Joanna Kiernan (August 12, 2015). "Cosmetic doctor to the stars Patrick Treacy tells about his travels, his famous clients and his tell-all book". Herald.ie. Retrieved February 28, 2016.
- IANS. "Michael Jackson's ex-doctor 'never found evidence' of paedophilia". The Hans India. Retrieved March 28, 2018.
- Cahir O'Doherty (November 20, 2015). "Confessions of Michael Jackson's Irish surgeon". Irish Central. Retrieved February 28, 2016.
- Ryan Tubridy (October 8, 2015). "Ryan Tubridy interviews Dr. Patrick Treacy about his recent memoir". RTE Radio. Retrieved March 30, 2018.
- Behind The Mask on RTE Radio 1