|Country||People's Republic of China|
|Township-level divisions||3 subdistricts
|Elevation||6 m (20 ft)|
|Time zone||China Standard (UTC+8)|
|Tianjin district map||
Beichen District (simplified Chinese: 北辰区; traditional Chinese: 北辰區; pinyin: Běichén Qū) is a district of the municipality of Tianjin, People's Republic of China. Before June 1992, the district was named Beijiao District (simplified Chinese: 北郊区; traditional Chinese: 北郊區; pinyin: Běijiāo Qū; literally: "north suburb"), reflectings its position in the northern suburbs of Tianjin. As the city expanded, it gradually became part of the urban core and was renamed to Beichen.
The district occupies approximately 478.5 km2 (184.7 sq mi), with a population of 320,000. China National Highway 103 goes through the heart of the district. Beichen District also hosts the North Canal (北运河), a branch of the Hai River.
|Name||Chinese (S)||Hanyu Pinyin||Population (2010)|
|Guoyuanxincun Subdistrict||果园新村街道||Guǒyuánxīncūn Jiēdào||39,607|
|Jixianli Subdistrict||集贤里街道||Jíxiánlǐ Jiēdào||17,472|
|Pudong Subdistrict||普东街道||Pǔdōng Jiēdào||57,621|
|Jiarongli Subdistrict||佳荣里街道||Jiārónglǐ Jiēdào||72,842|
|Beicang Town||北仓镇||Běicāng Zhèn||46,921|
|Tianmu Town||天穆镇||Tiānmù Zhèn||116,084|
|Shuangjie Town||双街镇||Shuāngjiē Zhèn||54,564|
|Shuangkou Town||双口镇||Shuāngkǒu Zhèn||63,999|
|Qingguang Town||青光镇||Qīngguāng Zhèn||43,280|
|Xiaodian Town||小淀镇||Xiǎodiàn Zhèn||34,512|
|Yixingbu Town||宜兴埠镇||Yíxìngbù Zhèn||41,985|
|Xititou Town||西堤头镇||Xīdītóu Zhèn||45,407|
|Dazhangzhuang Town||大张庄镇||Dàzhāngzhuāng Zhèn||29,900|
|industrial & farming zones||4,927|
Beichen is currently served by two metro lines operated by Tianjin Metro:
- Line 1 - Guojiuchang, Xihengdi, Liuyuan
- Line 3 - Yixingfu, Tianshili, Huabeijituan, Fengchanhe, Xiaodian
- 2011年统计用区划代码和城乡划分代码：北辰区 (in Chinese). National Bureau of Statistics of the People's Republic of China. Retrieved 2013-08-08.
- shi, Guo wu yuan ren kou pu cha ban gong; council, Guo jia tong ji ju ren kou he jiu ye tong ji si bian = Tabulation on the 2010 population census of the people's republic of China by township / compiled by Population census office under the state; population, Department of; statistics, employment statistics national bureau of (2012). Zhongguo 2010 nian ren kou pu cha fen xiang, zhen, jie dao zi liao (Di 1 ban. ed.). Beijing Shi: Zhongguo tong ji chu ban she. ISBN 978-7-5037-6660-2.
- Official site (in Chinese)
|This Tianjin location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|