Beijing–Hong Kong high-speed train
A CR400AF-A EMU on G80 service stopping at Platform 12 of Beijing West Railway Station
|Service type||G-series trains|
|Current operator(s)||CR Guangzhou|
|End||Hong Kong West Kowloon|
|Distance travelled||2,439 kilometres (1,516 mi)|
|Average journey time|
|Line(s) used||Beijing–Guangzhou–Shenzhen–Hong Kong HSR|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
|Operating speed||300 km/h|
|Track owner(s)||China Railway|
The Beijing–Hong Kong high-speed train (simplified Chinese: 京港高速动车组列车; traditional Chinese: 京港高速動車組列車) is a high-speed train service operated by China Railway Guangzhou Group (CR Guangzhou) on Beijing–Guangzhou–Shenzhen–Hong Kong HSR in China. Operated with G79/80 train numbers between Beijing West and Hong Kong West Kowloon on a daily basis, it is currently the fastest train service and the only high-speed train service between Beijing and Hong Kong, with an approximate travelling time of 9 hours.
The G79/80 service dates back to 26 December 2012, when the Beijing–Zhengzhou section of the Beijing–Guangzhou–Shenzhen–Hong Kong HSR was opened. At its opening, the service was between Beijing West and Guangzhou South under the numbers G79/82. Later on 28 December 2013, the southern terminus of the service was extended to Shenzhen North and the number of the Shenzhen-bound service was changed from G82 to G80.
With the inauguration of the Guangzhou–Shenzhen–Hong Kong XRL Hong Kong section on 23 September 2018, the southern terminus of the service was again extended to Hong Kong West Kowloon.
|Effective from 23 September 2018|
|18:58||—||Hong Kong West Kowloon||—||08:05|
The service is operated by 16-car CR400AF-A trainsets with the formation shown below. Car 3-14 are for second class seats with 3+2 seating. The dining car is located in Car 9 and wheelchair space is provided on Car 8. Car 2 and 15 are first class car with 2+2 seating. Car 1 is for business seats only and Car 16 is a hybrid of first class seats and business seats.
Second class/dining car
|Seating capacity||17||60||90||75||48||90||60||28 + 5|
Previously used rolling stocks
- 16-car CRH380BL (from 26 December 2012 to early 2016)
- 16-car CRH380AL (from early 2016 to October 2017)
- Double-headed 8-car CR400AF (from October 2017 to June 2018)
- "Long-haul train schedule" (PDF). MTR. Retrieved 2018-09-26.
- "郑州铁路局12月28日实行新运行图 新增旅客列车11对" (in Chinese). Retrieved 2018-09-26.
- "福田高铁直达全国30市县" (in Chinese). 2017-01-06. Retrieved 2018-09-26.
- "Hong Kong Launches First High Speed Rail Service". finance.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2018-09-26.
- "北京开往香港首趟高铁满员启程" (in Chinese). Retrieved 2018-09-26.
- "G79时刻表" (in Chinese). Retrieved 2018-09-26.
- "G80时刻表" (in Chinese). Retrieved 2018-09-26.
- "CR400AF-A/B动车组". www.china-emu.cn (in Chinese). Retrieved 2018-09-27.