|Locale||People's Republic of China|
|Operator(s)||China Railway High-speed|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in) standard gauge|
|Operating speed||200 to 350 km/h (124 to 217 mph)|
The Beijing–Kunming passageway is a high-speed rail corridor running from Beijing to Kunming in Yunnan Province. The main route passes from Beijing through Shijiazhuang, Taiyuan, Xi'an and Chengdu before reaching Kunming. Apart from the main route, a branch line runs from Beijing to Taiyuan through Zhangjiakou and Datong, and a spur line from Chongqing connects to Kunming.
Beijing–Shijiazhuang–Taiyuan–Kunming (main route)
|Open date |
Beijing–Shijiazhuang high-speed railway
|HSR connecting Beijing with Shijiazhuang.||350||281||2008||2012-12-26 |
Shijiazhuang–Taiyuan high-speed railway
|HSR connecting Shijiazhuang with Taiyuan.||250||189||2005-06-11||2009-04-01 |
Datong–Xi'an passenger railway (section)
|PDL connecting Taiyuan with Xi'an. Part of longer route extending to Datong.||350||570||2009-12-03 ||2014-07-01|
Xi'an–Chengdu high-speed railway (section)
|HSR connecting Xi'an with Chengdu.||250||663||2010-11-01 ||2017-12-06 |
Chengdu–Kunming high-speed railway
|HSR connecting Chengdu with Kunming.||200||1091||2006||2022|
Beijing–Zhangjiakou–Datong–Taiyuan branch line
|Open date |
Beijing–Zhangjiakou intercity railway
|Intercity Railway connecting Beijing with Zhangjiakou.||250||174||2014||2019|
Zhangjiakou–Datong high-speed railway
|HSR connecting Shijiazhuang with Datong.||250||137||2015-12||2019|
Datong–Taiyuan high speed passenger railway
|HSR connecting Datong with Taiyuan.|
Chongqing–Kunming spur line
- 石家庄入地高铁铺轨启动 京石石武高铁8月12日试车
- "Beijing–Shijiazhuang railway under construction". Xinhua. October 7, 2008. Retrieved October 20, 2008.
- (Chinese) "西安五年后4小时抵京5小时到沪高铁将直达乌市" 华商网-华商报 2010-01-29
- "Taiyuan – Xi'an high speed line opens". Railway Gazette. 2014-07-03. Retrieved 2018-09-01.
- "Xi'an-Chengdu high-speed trains to begin operation on Dec 6". China Daily. 2017-12-03. Retrieved 2017-12-20.
- "Construction of Datong-Zhangjiakou railway in full swing". english.visitbeijing.com.cn. Retrieved 2019-01-16.