Beijing Dance Academy
Beijing Dance Academy (simplified Chinese: 北京舞蹈学院; traditional Chinese: 北京舞蹈學院; pinyin: Běijīng Wǔdǎo Xuéyuàn), also known as Beijing Dance Institute, is a renowned institution of higher education of dance in China. There are three specialties: performance, choreography and dance studies. It offers Master's degrees and Bachelor's degrees.
The school was founded on September 6, 1954 and is located in Haidian District, Beijing. Dai Ailian was its first president. There are almost 500 teachers and administrative staff and about 2,000 students. Admission to the school is competitive.
The academy also teaches pre-kindergarten, elementary, middle, and high school students. Students attend full-time school at the academy and learn basic math, reading, writing, and other standard subjects. Students also choose a dance specialty such as ballet or Chinese traditional dance.
- Chi Cao - male ballet dancer-Principal Dancer Birmingham Royal Ballet (film actor and dancer-"Mao's Last Dancer") (2009)
- Li Cunxin - male ballet dancer
- Cecilia Liu - television actress of The Young Warriors (2006), The Legend of the Condor Heroes (2008) and The Heaven Sword and the Dragon Saber (2009).
- Liu Yan, female classical dancer
- Victoria Song - member of the South Korean girl group, f(x)
- Wang Yan - television actress of My Fair Princess II and My Fair Princess III
- Zhang Ziyi - famous actress
- Wang Likun - television and film actress
- Wu Yandan - contemporary dance choreographer and performer in Shanghai. A student of the special 4 year contemporary dance program of the Beijing Dance Academy 2000–2004 directed by Yang MeiQi
- Zhu Xiang Qing - Teacher and Realtor in Washington State USA.(Kimberly Zhu-Ames)
- Zhang Huiwen - film actress
- Official website (Chinese)
|This dance-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This People's Republic of China school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|