Beijing Foreign Studies University
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Beijing Foreign Studies University (BFSU) (Chinese: 北京外国语大学; pinyin: Běijīng Wàiguóyǔ Dàxué), popularly known as Běiwài (Chinese: 北外) in Mandarin and BFSU in English, is a university located in Beijing, China. It is China's pre-eminent research university specializing in foreign studies according to recent collegiate rankings.
As a renowned and prestigious specialist research university, BFSU was affiliated with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs from its establishment in 1941 to the early 1980s and was classified a key university under the Ministry of Education. BFSU is praised for offering the widest range of language studies in China: as of December 2016, there are 84 foreign languages being taught in this university.
BFSU qualified for the first round of the competition in its efforts to enter Project 211, a university development programme launched by the Ministry of Education in 1996.
Schools and departments
- Law School
- School of Asian and African Studies
- Department of Korean Studies
- Department of Southeast Asian studies
- Department of South Asian Studies
- Department of West Asian and African Studies
- School of Chinese Language and Literature
- School of English and International Studies
- School of European Languages and Culture
- Department of Eastern and Southern European Studies
- Department of Northern European Studies
- School of International Relations and Diplomacy
- School of Russian Studies
- Graduate School of Translation and Interpretation
- International Institute of China Studies
- Department of Arabic Studies
- Department of French and Francophone Studies
- Department of German Studies
- Department of Japanese Studies
- Department of Spanish and Portuguese Studies
- Department of Computer Science
- National Research Centre for Foreign Language Education
This centre has so-called corpus researchers. They have compiled corpora, such as simple Chinese English learners' corpora, and parallel corpora of Chinese-English translation. They have some corpora on the CQPweb.
- "简介". Beijing Foreign Studies University. Retrieved June 24, 2014.
- "高校排名：2014年中国语言类大学排行榜". Retrieved 30 September 2015.
- "中国外语教育研究中心". www.sinotefl.org.cn. Retrieved 2016-02-25.
- "Home Page | 北外语料库语言学". www.bfsu-corpus.org. Retrieved 2016-02-25.
- "CQPweb Main Page". 184.108.40.206. Retrieved 2016-02-25.