Beijing Foreign Studies University
Beijing Foreign Studies University (BFSU) (Chinese: 北京外国语大学; pinyin: Běijīng Wàiguóyǔ Dàxué), popularly known as Běiwài (Chinese: 北外) in Mandarin and BFSU in English, is a university located in Beijing, China. It is China's pre-eminent research university specializing in foreign studies according to recent collegiate rankings. It is a Chinese Ministry of Education Double First Class Discipline University, with Double First Class status in certain disciplines.
As a renowned and prestigious specialist research university, BFSU was affiliated with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs from its establishment in 1941 to the early 1980s and was classified a key university under the Ministry of Education. BFSU is praised for offering the widest range of language studies in China: as of December 2016, there are 84 foreign languages being taught in this university.
Schools and departments
- National Research Centre for Foreign Language Education
This centre has so-called corpus researchers. They have compiled corpora, such as simple Chinese English learners' corpora, and parallel corpora of Chinese-English translation. They have some corpora on the CQPweb.
- "简介". Beijing Foreign Studies University. Retrieved June 24, 2014.
- "Beijing Foreign Studies University | BFSU English-Beijing Foreign Studies University | BFSU English". global.bfsu.edu.cn (in Chinese). Retrieved 2018-03-15.
- "高校排名：2014年中国语言类大学排行榜". Retrieved 30 September 2015.
- "教育部 财政部 国家发展改革委 关于公布世界一流大学和一流学科建设高校及建设 学科名单的通知 (Notice from the Ministry of Education and other national governmental departments announcing the list of double first class universities and disciplines)".
- "网站地图—中国教育在线". www.eol.cn. Retrieved 2018-09-03.
- "中国外语教育研究中心". www.sinotefl.org.cn. Retrieved 2016-02-25.
- "Home Page | 北外语料库语言学". www.bfsu-corpus.org. Retrieved 2016-02-25.
- "CQPweb Main Page". 126.96.36.199. Retrieved 2016-02-25.