Beijing Institute of Petrochemical Technology
|Beijing Institute of Petrochemical Technology|
|Colors||Blue and White|
Beijing Institute of Petrochemical Technology (BIPT; simplified Chinese: 北京石油化工学院; traditional Chinese: 北京石油化工學院; pinyin: Beijing Shiyou Huagong Xueyuan), founded in 1978, is used to be a specialist school attached by petrochemical system. After a highly development in decades, it is now a Multi-disciplinary university with 11 colleges and departments.
In 1978, a specialist school of petrochemical technology and its second branch has been established in Beijing. In 1985, the school was incorporated into the SINOPEC, the largest oil company in China. In 1987, a new building was cornerstoned in Daxing, the southest area of Beijing. In 1990, the headquarters of the school moved to Daxing. In 1992, the Beijing Institute of Petrochemical Technology was officially founded. In 2008, the BIPT celebrated its 30 anniversary, and a special logo was designed for the grand celebration.
Colleges and Departments
- Chemical Engineering College
- Mechanical Engineering College
- Information Engineering College
- Economics and Management College
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Material Science and Engineering Department
- Mathematics and Physics Department
- Foreign Languages Department
- Department of Physical Education
- Engineering Education Center
- International Education College
- Continuing Education College
The Beijing Institute of Petrochemical Technology owned a practice base in Yanshan Petrochemical Group, which located in Fangshan District. Students from chemical industry majors of BIPT come to the base every year to field work in the factory. And other majors' student also have a chance to visit the factory for one time during their college life. This is for deepen their understanding of theoretical knowledge and strengthen their competence.
The BIPT has established a long-term stable cooperative relationship with some overseas universities; these universities sent students to each other to enhance academic exchanges every year. Some of the cooperated universities:
- University of the West of Scotland
- ESME Sudria
- University of Duisburg-Essen
- Narvik University College
- Columbus State University
- St. Cloud State University
Two separated campuses in Tsingyuan and Kangzhuang have long time been a bottleneck in the university’s evolvement, the opening of Line 4, Beijing Subway and the construction of Beijing–Shanghai High-Speed Railway has galloped local real estate price and which made a further expansion harder than ever. A recent decision in spring 2011 will compel the Economic and Management College garrison in Kangzhuang campus along while other ten colleges move to Tsingyuan campus, but students and professors of E&M College have been complaining the poor conditions and dispossessed surroundings of Kangzhuang campus.
- Resources: China Universities Database
- (French) IONIS Education Group se fixe de nouveaux défis très ambitieux