Being Elmo: A Puppeteer's Journey
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Being Elmo: A Puppeteer's Journey|
Theatrical release poster by Scott McDermott
|Directed by||Constance Marks|
|Produced by||Constance Marks|
|Written by||Philip Shane|
|Narrated by||Whoopi Goldberg|
|Music by||Joel Goodman|
|Edited by||Philip Shane|
Constance Marks Productions
|Distributed by||Submarine Deluxe |
The film focuses on Clash's early career in Baltimore, Maryland. It covers his meeting and interactions with Sesame Street creator Jim Henson, puppet maker Kermit Love, and the phenomenal success of Elmo. Clash joined Sesame Street in 1984.
- Whoopi Goldberg – Herself/Narrator
- Kevin Clash – Himself
- Jim Henson – Himself (archive footage)
- Frank Oz – Himself
- Bill Barretta – Himself
- Caroll Spinney – Himself
- Rosie O'Donnell – Herself
- Fran Brill – Herself
- Martin P. Robinson – Himself
- Kermit Love – Himself (archive footage)
- Ria Borzak
- Rickey Boyd
- Ewan Gotfryd
- Mike Halsey
- Mark M. Magner
Roger Ebert noted "We...learn a lot of the tricks behind giving the muppets such distinctive personality." The New York Post reported: "One of the chief pleasures of Sundance [Film Festival] is wandering into a movie that you think couldn't possibly amount to anything much and being knocked out by it. The documentary 'Being Elmo: A Puppeteer's Journey,' which should make Kevin Clash a household name, is an inspiring and joyous celebration of art, skill, determination and making kids happy... Clash is a remarkable talent, a true master of his field, and the importance of what he does is considerable. Sick children apparently have asked to meet Elmo as their dying wish. If you can watch one such encounter without crying, you're a stronger man than I. Clash, pro that he is, doesn't cry. Because where there is Elmo, there must be happiness." Look at OKC praised: "As director Constance Marks proves in her detailed and surprisingly emotional documentary Being Elmo: A Puppeteer's Journey, Clash's love of the art form eventually led him to create one of the most popular characters in children's television."
- "Being Elmo: A Puppeteer's Journey". Box Office Mojo.
- "Being Elmo: A Puppeteer's Journey". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 2014-06-29.
- Roger Ebert. "Review: Being Elmo: A Puppeteer's Journey". Ebert Presents. Retrieved 2012-05-13.
- "Sundance 2011: "Being Elmo"". Nypost.com. 2011-01-27. Archived from the original on December 4, 2011. Retrieved 2012-05-13.
- "Movie review: 'Being Elmo: A Puppeteer's Journey'". NewsOK.com. 1999-02-22. Retrieved 2012-05-13.