Being Human Foundation
|Type||Education and healthcare for underprivileged|
|Products||Clothing and watches|
|Services||Education, employment and medical treatment|
|Method||Direct training, funding medical treatment, supplies for the differently abled|
|INR250 crore (2016)|
The foundation performs many charitable activities. It funds the education of 200 children at the Akshara High School in Mumbai and another 300 through Aseema, a Mumbai-based non-profit. The foundation supports the VEER Initiative, a program to train differently-abled people. As of December 2015, the program has trained 1909 individuals, 1194 of whom have gained employment. The organization has set up programs to improve basic skills for students and career development centers.
Being Human has provided funding to treat children with congenital heart defects and craniofacial deformities. It has provided drought relief in Maharashtra and blankets for flood victims in Kashmir, conducted free eye camps to provide cataract surgeries, and helped conduct bone-marrow donor registration camps in Mumbai.
1) Akshara High School
3) Career Development Centers
4) Educational Resource Center, Maharashtra
5) Maharashtra Prabodhan Seva Mandal (MPSM)
6) Theatre And Drama Initiative
7) Being Bajrangi
8) Brillant School of Science
9) Tubelight Project
1) Akshara High School
3) Maaya Foundation
4) Marrow Donor Registry, India
5) The Max Foundation
The charity accepts direct donations, but it is primarily funded by 8 to 10% share of the sales of Being Human-branded clothing, manufactured and marketed by Mandhana Industries, as a licensing fee for the use of charity's name as brand. The charity's share in 2016 was approximately INR3 crore from the sales revenue of nearly INR30 crore. A quarter of the brand's revenue comes from overseas sales and a tenth of the revenue comes from online sales.
Association with PVR
- "Salman's Being Human to walk franchise route". The Hindu. 2016-03-28. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2016-03-29.
- "BEING HUMAN FOUNDATION". www.beinghumanonline.com. Retrieved 2016-03-29.
- "BEING HUMAN FOUNDATION- Education". www.beinghumanonline.com. Retrieved 2016-03-29.
- "BEING HUMAN FOUNDATION- Healthcare". www.beinghumanonline.com. Retrieved 2016-03-29.
- "Education". www.beinghumanonline.com. Retrieved 2018-06-15.
- "Partners". www.beinghumanonline.com. Retrieved 2018-06-15.
- "Tubelight: I was expecting minus 3 and minus 4, pleased to get ratings like 1, says Salman Khan". Hindustan Times. 2017-06-24. Retrieved 2018-04-23.
|This article about a philanthropic or charitable organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|