Beit ar-Rush al-Fauqa
|Beit ar-Rush al-Fauqa|
|• Arabic||بيت الروش الفوقا|
|• Type||Village council|
|Name meaning||The house of er Rush; personal name|
Beit ar-Rush al-Fauqa (Arabic: بيت الروش الفوقا) is a Palestinian village located eighteen kilometers southwest of Hebron.The village is in the Hebron Governorate Southern West Bank. According to the Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics, the village had a population of 979 in 2007.
In 1863, Victor Guérin noted about the ruins here: ”These ruins consist of a large number of heaps of irregular materials. Each of these heaps surrounds a cave hollowed in the rock, into which there is a descent of steps, or by an incline. These subterranean dwellings formed the basement of one-storied houses which stood above them. These have been pulled down and put up again several times, while the cellars are just the same as when they were cut in the rock."
British Mandate era
- Palmer, 1881, p. 365
- 2007 PCBS Census Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics. p.120.
- Al-Dimashqi, 1874, p. 270
- Robinson and Smith, 1841, vol 3, p. 6
- Robinson and Smith, 1841, vol 3, Appendix 2, p. 117
- Guérin, 1869, pp. 347-348; as translated by Conder and Kitchener, 1883, SWP III, p. 274
- Conder and Kitchener, 1883, SWP III, p. 274
- Mills, 1932, p. 30
- Al-Dimashqi (1874). Manuel de la cosmographie du moyen āge (in French). Translated by A. F. Mehren. C. A. Reitzel.
- Conder, Claude Reignier; Kitchener, H. H. (1883). The Survey of Western Palestine: Memoirs of the Topography, Orography, Hydrography, and Archaeology. 3. London: Committee of the Palestine Exploration Fund.
- Guérin, Victor (1869). Description Géographique Historique et Archéologique de la Palestine (in French). 1: Judee, pt. 2. Paris: L'Imprimerie Nationale.
- Mills, E., ed. (1932). Census of Palestine 1931. Population of Villages, Towns and Administrative Areas (PDF). Jerusalem: Government of Palestine.
- Palmer, E. H. (1881). The Survey of Western Palestine: Arabic and English Name Lists Collected During the Survey by Lieutenants Conder and Kitchener, R. E. Transliterated and Explained by E.H. Palmer. Committee of the Palestine Exploration Fund.
- Robinson, Edward; Smith, Eli (1841). Biblical Researches in Palestine, Mount Sinai and Arabia Petraea: A Journal of Travels in the year 1838. 3. Boston: Crocker & Brewster.
- Welcome To Bayt al-Rush al-Fuqa
- Survey of Western Palestine, Map 20: IAA, Wikimedia commons
- Beit ar Rush al Foqa Village (Fact Sheet), Applied Research Institute - Jerusalem (ARIJ)
- Beit ar Rush al Foqa Village Profile, Applied Research Institute - Jerusalem (ARIJ)
- Beit ar Rush al Foqa Village Area Photo, Applied Research Institute - Jerusalem (ARIJ)
- The priorities and needs for development in Beit ar Rush al Fouqa village based on the community and local authorities’ assessment, Applied Research Institute - Jerusalem (ARIJ)