This article may require copy editing for grammar, style, cohesion, tone, or spelling. (May 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Belén Rodríguez in 2009
Maria Belén Rodríguez Cozzani|
20 September 1984
Buenos Aires, Argentina
|Occupation||Television personality, actress, model, singer, dancer, showgirl|
|Height||175 cm (5 ft 9 in)|
Stefano De Martino
(m. 2013; div. 2017)
|Children||1 (Santiago De Martino, born 2013)|
Known as Belén Rodríguez or simply as Belén, she has been based in Milan, Italy since 2004. Belén hosted many variety shows, she appeared in many television commercials and she recited in many films and fictions. Considered a sex symbol of the 2000s and 2010s, due to her considerable beauty and charm Belen posed for multiple nude calendars and she made news, both in Italy and internationally, in magazines and tabloids for the developments of her career in the Italian showbiz and of her love stories.
The international press nicknamed Belén "the Rioplatense Sophia Loren" and "the Italian Sara Carbonero". Belén hosted in February 2011 the Sanremo Music Festival, one of the most important shows in Europe; she is the third Argentine in Sanremo after Valeria Mazza and Lola Ponce. Cecilia Rodríguez, an Argentine showgirl active in Italy since 2008, is Belén's younger sister.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Career
- 3 Career and awards
- 4 Controversies
- 5 References
- 6 External links
Veronica, of Italian origin, is the daughter of immigrants from La Spezia in Liguria. Belén has a younger brother, Jeremías, and a younger sister, Cecilia. At the age of 10, Belén moved to Pilar with her family. She graduated from high school in December 2001 at the age of 17, and later she enrolled in the Faculty of Communication Sciences at the University of Buenos Aires, but did not complete her studies because of ever-increasing career commitments, first undertaken in late 2000 when she was 16; Belen started her career as a model, initially in Argentina and then internationally. Her younger sister, Cecilia (born on 18 March 1990 in Pilar, Argentina), has also been active in Italian show business since 2008 and as a model. Since January 2014, Cecilia has been Belén's business partner. Since August 2015, Jeremías, Gustavo and Veronica have lived in Milan. Belen's younger brother, Jeremías Rodríguez (born on 11 November 1988 in Pilar, Argentina), has also been active in Italian show business since 2017.
From August 2004 to December 2008, Belén was the girlfriend of Marco Borriello, at that time a footballer for A.C. Milan. From January 2009 to April 2012 Belén was in a relationship with Fabrizio Corona; they broke up when she met the dancer Stefano De Martino, her future first husband. Belén had a son, Santiago, on 9 April 2013 in Milan with Stefano De Martino; the couple were married on 20 September 2013; on 22 December 2015, they separated. De Martino and Belén were legally divorced on 24 January 2017 when they signed a judicial agreement at the Court of Milan; as part of this divorzio breve (fast-track divorce), De Martino was ordered to pay one thousand euros every month to his son Santiago until he reaches majority. The divorce legally went into force 6 months later. To avoid a lengthy public trial, De Martino neither demanded nor received money from his former wife, and he is not required to pay money to her. Their son lives with Belén.
Since 2004, Belén has lived in Italy, where she has hosted variety shows, appeared in television commercials, films, and television programs. Considered a sex symbol of the 2000s and 2010s, Belén posed in Italy for Playboy and several nude calendars. The tabloid press in Italy and abroad have closely followed her career and personal life.
The international press nicknamed her "the Rioplatense Sophia Loren" and "the Italian Sara Carbonero". In February 2011, Belén hosted the prestigious Sanremo Music Festival, one of the most important shows in Europe; she was the 3rd Argentinian host of this music festival after Valeria Mazza and Lola Ponce. During her long career, Belén has worked with many important Italian television personalities, including Gerry Scotti, Maria De Filippi, Paolo Bonolis, Michelle Hunziker and Gianni Morandi.
In the spring of 2007, the singer Taiyo Yamanouchi, during the run of Tintoria on Rai 3, proposed to Belén an exclusive contract to launch her toward a potential musical career, but she (who was Taiyo Yamanouchi's partner in the hosting of that program) rejected the offer, preferring to continue her career as model, showgirl, and actress. In the autumn of 2007, Belén played with her personal friend Claudia Galanti, the female lead in the videoclip Boyfriend, released in 2008 as part of the rapper Coolio's Steal Hear album.
In the summer of 2009, Belén made her debut as singer with the song Dai muovi muovi, written by Mario Gardini and composed by Giovanni Paolo Fontana and Roberto De Luca, the theme song of the Sarabanda's edition hosted by Belén on Canale 5. In February 2010 Belén debuted, as a singer contestant, at the Teatro Ariston with Aeroplani, a single by Toto Cutugno that she also sang at the 2010 Sanremo Festival in a duet with Cutugno. In February 2015, during the Sanremo's Festival, Belén, using the stage name of Maria Belén, released the single Amarti è folle, written and arranged by Fortunato Zampaglione for the soundtrack of the film Non c'è due senza te.
In the summer of 2010 Belén made her debut as an actress as the female lead in the filming of the cinepanettone Natale in Sudafrica, directed by Neri Parenti and released on 17 December 2010. In the autumn of 2010 she played the female lead in the feature film Se sei così, ti dico sì directed by Eugenio Cappuccio and released on 15 April 2011. In the autumn of 2010 she appeared as the female lead in the episode Il campo del vasaio of the Rai 1 television series Il commissario Montalbano, which aired for the first time on 14 March 2011. In the 2011–2012 season Belén was the guest star in a few episodes of the second season of Così fan tutte, an Italia 1 sitcom directed by Gianluca Fumagalli. In the spring of 2012 Belén debuted as a dubbing voice in the animated film Gladiatori di Roma, directed by Iginio Straffi and released on 18 October 2012. In the summer of 2014 she played the female lead in the feature film Non c'è 2 senza te, directed by Massimo Cappelli and released on 5 February 2015. In August 2015 Lux Vide and RAI Fiction announced Belén's role as guest star in the tenth season of the Rai 1 television series Don Matteo; the episode with Belén, titled La colpa, was first aired on 7 January 2016).
In 2011, Belén launched two perfumes: Belén Rodríguez (Gold) and Belén Rodríguez (Eau de Parfum). In January 2014 the well-known Italian business weekly Il Mondo announced that Belén, along with her sister Cecilia, was launching a limited liability company, called The Family Factor, to oversee the family's multiple business activities in Italy in the areas of fashion, real estate, public relations, clothing, beauty salons, entertainment, catering, and other ventures. In early 2014 the editor Arnoldo Mondadori Editore published a photobook entitled Bella Belén. In June 2015 Belén opened a new restaurant in Milan (specifically the historian restaurant named Ricci situated in Piazza della Repubblica) with the judge of MasterChef Italia Joe Bastianich and two other partners (Luca Guelfi and Simona Miele, the holders of Petit Bistrot in Miami and Milan). At around the same time Belén opened the beauty salons of Cotril, an Italian company for which Belén is spokesperson and business partner. On 2 September 2015 the Ricci causing a stir in the Italian media because the Ricci received a good review in the Food section of The New York Times. In December 2017, the Ricci was closed and sold.
From 2013 to 2015, Belén funded various entrepreneurial initiatives by Stefano De Martino (who was at that time her first husband) that ended up being very unsuccessful; these failures, according to Chi, are among the reasons leading to their separation in December 2015. For example, in October 2014 Belén Rodríguez and De Martino founded a chain of clothing stores in Milan named 4store. Following initial success, in mid-2015 this chain was expanded to the area around Milan but failed later that year. Due to financial losses due to Stefano De Martino's failed entrepreneurial adventures, Belen had to sell for example the Imperfect brand just to pay the financial hole created by Stefano De Martino.
Belén began her career in 2001 at the age of 17 as a model in Argentina, Miami, and Mexico: she became the spokesperson for several lines of intimate wear. She posed also for important magazine covers, continuing in Italy beginning in 2004. Between 2004 and 2008 Belén took part in Milan fashion shows for spring/summer collections of Pin-Up Star, and she worked for other fashion houses such as Miss Sixty, Taglia 42, Cotonella, and Yamamay. In the autumn of 2007, she had the main role, alongside Elisabetta Canalis and Christian De Sica, in the television commercials of TIM as Donna dei Sogni (Dream Woman). The collaboration between Belén and TIM continued until February 2011. Starting in January 2008 she worked as a model and spokesperson at the fashion shows of John Richmond, Pitti, Vanitas, Jadea, Trendy Too and other brands in Florence, Rome, Naples, and Milan. Belen then worked as a model, spokesperson, and businesswoman with Cotril (chain of hair and beauty salons), Jadea (intimate wear brand), and Imperfect (clothing brand).
From January 2012 she was the spokesperson for the jewellery firm 2Jewels and the technology firm Linkdem. In February 2012 posed naked for the cover of the Italian edition of Vanity Fair, causing quite a stir. In July 2012 Belen posed naked for the cover of the Italian edition of GQ, photographed by Douglas Kirkland, which also aroused much interest. In May 2013 she became a spokesperson (with Gerry Scotti) for the "marriage" between Barilla and McDonald's. She then debuted as a stylist for the clothing line Imperfect with Fabio Castelli. In June 2013 Belén became the spokesperson for the cruise wear line Bikini Lovers created by fashion blogger Chiara Biasi. Belén and her sister Cecilia in October 2013 presented the 2013–2014 fashion line of Imperfect as models and stylists. In December 2013 Belén was the spokesperson for the Pupi Foundation of Javier Zanetti, and she became the spokesperson (with Stefano De Martino, at that time her 1st husband) for the virtual application software created by WeChat.
As models and designers, in February 2014 Belén and Cecilia presented the third fashion line of Imperfect. In the spring of 2014 Belén posed for the cover of SportWeek, garnering positive acclaim. In that same period she designed and produced, along with Cecilia, the clothes for the new beachwear line called Me Fui for the summer of 2014; at that time Belén became the spokesperson for Samsung's mobile phones. In the spring and summer of 2014 she was model and spokesperson (with Stefano De Martino, at that time her first husband) for Richmond Perfumes. In January 2015 definitely ended the professional relationship, which began ten years ago, between Belén and Milan fashion shows for John Richmond in favor of the Venezuelan model Mariana Rodríguez assisted by Paola Benegas (who ten years earlier had launched Belen in the world of fashion: this news caused a sensation at the Italian press for this reason, but also because of the alleged relationship, that in reality does not exist, between "the two Rodríguez" launched by Paola Benegas at Milan fashion shows of John Richmond, that are Belén and Mariana). In September 2016 Belén lost Vanitas line in favour to Madalina Ghenea.
In the summer of 2005, Belén posed for the first time naked for the Vuemme Calendar 2006 (published in late 2005 for the year 2006) of which she was the only model. In the autumn of 2005 Belén posed naked for the De Nardi Calendar 2006 (published in late 2005 for the year 2006) along with three models (Eva Collini, Ainett Stephens and Nena Ristić). In the summer of 2006 Belén posed naked for the Fer Calendar 2007 (published in late 2006 for the year 2007), in which she was the only model. In the summer of 2007 Belén posed naked for the Maxim Calendar 2008 (published in late 2007 for the year 2008), in which she was the only model. In the summer of 2008 Belen posed naked for the Max Calendar 2009 (published in late 2008 for the year 2009), in which she was the only model. In the autumn of 2009 Belén posed naked with her sister Cecilia for the Max Calendar 2010 (published in late 2009 for the year 2010) arousing much interest (partly because this nude calendar featured Cecilia's modelling debut). Between late 2009 and early 2010 Vuemme published a Calendar Vuemme 2010 with Belén as the only model; this calendar, a reprint of the previous one (2006), was successful because Belén's reputation had grown in the intervening four years. In the summer of 2010 Belén posed for the Maxim glamour calendar for the year 2011. In the autumn of 2010 Belén posed for the TIM Glamour Calendar for the year 2011; after January 2011, because of her position has host of the 61st Festival of Sanremo, Belén ended her participation in the calendars. In the summer of 2012, Cecilia, on the advice of Belén and Paola Benegas, posed totally naked for the For Men Calendar 2013 (published in late 2012 for the year 2013).
Between 2004 and 2012, Belén took part as a model in the successful evening events program Sfilata d'amore e moda, hosted by Emanuela Folliero on Rete 4. In the summer of 2009, Belén won acclaim from the Italian public because she posed naked for Number 7 (July/August 2009) of Playboy Italia (the Italian edition of Playboy). On 18 February 2009 Belén declared in an interview with Corriere della Sera that a few years before she had rejected a proposal to pose nude for the cover of Playboy Miami, preferring to remain in Italy to pose for a fashion shoot for an Emilian company. In early 2012 Belén became the new face of the lingerie line Arthur's Underwear. In July 2012 the Italian tabloids reported that the US edition of Playboy had plans to contact Belén to pose naked for the cover and centerfold of the August issue, but subsequently this news was denied. In the summer of 2013, the Italian press announced Belén was to receive through the agency of Paola Benegas a job offer from the international lingerie brand Victoria's Secret, but it came to nothing. In August 2017 Belén became the new worldwide testimonial of Swarovski with Alessandra Ambrosio and Shanina Shaik.
In the spring and summer of 2015 the experience of Me Fui was repeated successfully, causing a sensation in the Italian media when Paul Marciano chose Belén as its flagship model and the new worldwide spokesperson for Guess? (a role previously entrusted to big international celebrities such as Claudia Schiffer, Adriana Lima, and Paris Hilton) alongside the spokespersons of that time Charlotte McKinney and Gigi Hadid; specifically, Paul Marciano chose Belén for the spring–summer of the 2016 season (photo taken in October 2015) and the autumn–winter of the 2016–2017 season (photo taken in April 2016). In the spring–summer of 2016 Belén and Cecilia repeated with success the experience of Me Fui. In February 2017 Belén posed for the women's intimate line and also for the homewear collection of Jadea for the spring–summer of 2017. In March 2017 Belen became the testimonial of the eyeglass line named Foreyever. In April 2017 Belén and Cecilia repeated with success the experience of Me Fui for the spring–summer of 2017. In July 2017 Belén became the new testimonial of McDonald's and of the new wavy hair plate (named Bellissima Beach Waves) of Bellissima Italia. In October 2017 Belén became the new testimonal of Alessandro Angelozzi Couture for the 2018 line of wedding dresses. In the winter and in spring of 2018, Belen participated, as a model and testimonial, in the "2018 Milan Fashion Week" and posed for Instagram (causing a stir in the Italian media), for the new line of Swarovski (with Alessandra Ambrosio and Shanina Shaik), for the new line of Jadea and (with Cecilia) for the new line of Me Fui (for the spring–summer 2018).
In May-July 2018 Belen was model and testimonial of some brand of clothes and jeans like RaNpollo, Hanny Deep, Comme Des Fkdown, Gaëlle Paris, Pyrex, Revise Blue Vibes and others. In the same period, when she worked again with Guess? (creating, with the model Stefano Sala, an advertising spot in Cefalù in Sicily) and with Jadea, Belen was model and testimonial of new wavy hair plate of Bellissima Imetec.
Belén has worked in Italy since 2004 as a fashion model and a variety show host. Her debut as a showgirl and television host dates back to November 2006, with the programs of Tele Boario 1, the local television network of Val Camonica. After having signed with Paola Benegas as her first agent in Italy, in the spring of 2007 Belén debuted on Italian national television, hosting, with the singer Taiyo Yamanouchi, the late-night comedy show La tintoria on Rai 3 (during this show Yamanouchi urged Belen to start a career as a singer, an idea she rejected, saying she preferred to stay in the television industry). In the summer of 2007 Belén hosted, with Fabrizio Frizzi, the prime time variety show Circo Massimo Show. In the autumn of 2007, Belén with Lucia Ocone, co-hosted the late-night variety show Stile libero Max hosted by Max Giusti on Rai 2; at the end of 2007 Belén appeared in several episodes as a participant and as a journalist for Videonews in Verissimo, the infotainment program hosted by Silvia Toffanin on Saturday afternoon on Canale 5. Belén appeared as a showgirl in the episode of 4 April 2008 (during which she introduced her sister Cecilia, who was 18 years old at that time, in her Italian television debut) of the prime time variety show I raccomandati, hosted by Carlo Conti and Alessia Ventura on Rai 1. In the spring of 2008 Belén appeared as a journalist and co-host (with Selvaggia Lucarelli and others), in Pirati, a late-night show of Rai 2. In the summer of 2008 Belén appeared as a showgirl and a journalist for Videonews (with Aída Yéspica, Ainett Stephens, Melita Toniolo and others) in the Italia 1 television program Lucignolo. In the autumn of 2008 Belén, after modeling for the Max magazine a few months previously, appeared in the 8th season of L'isola dei famosi, a reality show aired by Rai 2 and hosted by Simona Ventura. Belén won 2nd place, arousing considerable interest in the Italian television audience; according to Italian television critics, this event was the "turning point" in Belen's career, marking the beginning of her becoming "a big celebrity".
In December 2008 Belén joined the cast of the agency's artists Arcobaleno Tre of Lucio Presta; this news was covered widely in the Italian press because Lucio Presta was the agent of Paolo Bonolis and Roberto Benigni. In the winter of 2009 Belén hosted, with Claudio Amendola and Teo Mammucari, the eleventh season of the prime time variety show Scherzi a parte on Canale 5. From 2009 to 2011 Belén appeared in television commercials advertising the mobile phone network operating companies; during this period Belén began endorsing and modeling luxury jewellery. In the summer of 2009 she was the co-host of Teo Mammucari on the Canale 5 quiz show Sarabanda, for which she had recorded the theme song. In the autumn of 2009 Mediaset offered her a contract for the 2010 year to co-host, with Mammucari, the new prime time variety show Fenomenal on Italia 1, which she rejected on the advice of her agent, Lucio Presta; at the end of 2009, Belén was a guest star on 23 November episode in the 10th season of the Italian Big Brother, a Canale 5 reality show hosted by Alessia Marcuzzi; at around this time the Italian press launched a rumour saying that Mammucari and Rodríguez were going to be asked by Mediaset to join the cast of presenters of the 2009–2010 edition of Striscia la Notizia, but Antonio Ricci (the producer of Striscia) denied this (Belén joined Striscia as host in 2015). In the winter of 2010 Belén appeared with her sister Cecilia in the late-night variety show Chiambretti Night on Italia 1. At around this time Belén rejected the offer of Italia 1 to appear with Teo Mammucari in the proposed 4th season (never realized) of the sitcom Love Bugs, preferring, on the advice of her agent Lucio Presta, to host, with Cecilia as 1st dancer, Stiamo tutti bene (late-night of Rai 2). Belén was a guest performer on the most prestigious televised Italian song contest, the Sanremo Music Festival, where she sang a duet with the Italian singer Toto Cutugno on 18 February 2010, to acclaim from the public and critics. At around this time, the Italian press announced Belén's upcoming participation in a movie directed by Tinto Brass, but this news turned out to be an April Fool's joke that caused various controversies in the Italian news media.
In February 2011 Belén co-hosted the Sanremo Music Festival 2011 with Gianni Morandi and Elisabetta Canalis. In the spring of 2011 Belen hosted, with Francesco Facchinetti, Ciak... si canta! aired by Rai 1. In the summer of 2011 Belen participated in the variety show La notte degli chef (aired by Canale 5 and hosted by Alfonso Signorini). In the autumn of 2011 Belén hosted the comedy show of Italia 1 Colorado with Paolo Ruffini, Digei Angelo and Chiara Francini. In the winter of 2012 Belén hosted on Canale 5 the talent show Italia's Got Talent with Simone Annicchiarico: they hosted this program again in the winter of 2013 and in the autumn of 2013. In the spring of 2012, Belén performed in the 11th season of the talent show Amici di Maria De Filippi as part of the programme's regular dance troupe. Substituting for Ivana Mrazova, Belén co-presented, with Elisabetta Canalis, during the first two evenings, in February 2012, of the 62th Sanremo Music Festival. In the autumn of 2012 Belen hosted the comedy show of Italia 1 Colorado with Paolo Ruffini, Digei Angelo, Elena Morali and Jiang Wei. In the summer of 2013, Belén and Stefano De Martino (who was at that time her future first husband) participated in the prime time program Studio 5 aired by Canale 5. In the spring of 2014 Belén was the guest star in two programs: Colorado aired by Italia 1 and Giass aired by Canale 5.
In February 2014, during the 64th Sanremo Festival, Belen participated, as a speaker and radio presenter, at the talk show of RTL 102.5 Password to comment on the event and then she was the guest star of Domenica In - Speciale Sanremo aired by Rai 1. In the spring of 2014 Belen hosted the afternoon program of Italia 1 Come mi vorrei, Italian version of Plain Jane. In May–June 2014 Belén took part as "first dancer", of Chiambretti Supermarket, a late-night talk show aired by Italia 1 and hosted by Piero Chiambretti. In the autumn of 2014 Belén hosted on Canale 5 the first season of Tú sí que vales with Francesco Sole. On 8 February 2015 Belen was the co-host of Gerry Scotti in the sunday special episode of the quiz show Avanti un altro! Pure di domenica... aired by Canale 5. On 13 February 2015 Belén and Stefano De Martino (who was at that time her first husband) participated in the recordings of an episode of the Saturday evening people show C'è posta per te hosted by Maria De Filippi; the episode was aired on 14 March. In 2015, Belen preferred to send her sister Cecilia] to the L'isola dei famosi 10 instead of Stefano De Martino, who was at that time Belén's first husband.
Outside of Mediaset, in 2015 Belen was the guest star in two prime time programs: on 28 May 2015 in the talk show Announo aired by La7 and hosted by Giulia Innocenzi, on 11 December 2015 the variety show Andrea Bocelli - Il mio cinema hosted by Massimo Giletti in honour of Andrea Bocelli and aired on Rai 1; inside Mediaset Belen was the guest star and the co-host of Striscia la Notizia with Ficarra e Picone on 30 April 2015 and of Arena di Verona, lo spettacolo sta per iniziare with Elena Santarelli and Paolo Bonolis on 3 June 2015. In the autumn of 2015 Belen and Francesco Sole hosted the second season of Tú sí que vales. In the winter of 2016 Belen hosted in the prime time of Canale 5 the first season of the talent show for children Pequeños gigantes. In September 2016 Belen hosted Striscia la notizia with Michelle Hunziker.
In the autumn of 2016 Belén was the host of the third season of the prime time Saturday evening talent show Tú sí que vales aired by Canale 5; in this season Francesco Sole was replaced by Simone Rugiati as Belén's co-host, and the jury (composed by Maria De Filippi, Gerry Scotti, Rudy Zerbi and Mara Venier) was expanded with the addition of Teo Mammucari. In the season 2016-2017 Belén was the guest star on L'intervista (aired in October 2016 on Canale 5) on Nemicamatissima (aired in December 2016 by Rai 1) on C'è posta per te (aired in January 2017 by Canale 5), on Emigratis (aired on early April 2017 by Italia 1) and then on Maurizio Costanzo Show (aired on late April 2017 by Canale 5). In May–June 2017 Belén took part as "journalist and showgirl" in the second season of the program Selfie - Le cose cambiano aired by Canale 5 and hosted by Simona Ventura. In the autumn of 2017 Belén was the host of the fourth season of the prime time Saturday evening talent show Tú sí que vales aired by Canale 5; in this season Belen's co-host Simone Rugiati was replaced by Martin Castrogiovanni and Alessio Sakara. In October 2017 Belén was the guest star in the second season of the Grande Fratello VIP (aired on Canale 5 and hosted by Ilary Blasi with Alfonso Signorini) and in the 5th season of Chi ha incastrato Peter Pan? (aired on Canale 5 and hosted by Paolo Bonolis with Luca Laurenti). Belen was the guest star on C'è posta per te in March 2018. Belen was the guest star in the 17th season of the talent show Amici di Maria De Filippi with Maradona in April 2018 and with Michelle Hunziker in May 2018. In the summer of 2018, during the 2018 FIFA World Cup, Belén took part (with the Gialappa's Band and others) in the sports talk show Balalaika - Dalla Russia col pallone hosted by Ilary Blasi and Nicola Savino on Canale 5.
In the autumn of 2018 Belén was the host of the 5th season of the prime time Saturday evening talent show Tú sí que vales aired by Canale 5; in this season Mara Venier was replaced by Iva Zanicchi as member of jury.
Career and awards
|2011||Premio Regia Televisiva
(Television Presenter Award)
|Personaggio rivelazione dell'anno
(TV Personality of the year)
|2013||Accademia Amici della Lirica
(Friends of the Opera Academy)
(Woman of the year)
|2014||Galà della Pubblicità
(Gala of Advertising)
(Excellence of the year)
|2015||San Gennaro Day
|Opera d'arte vivente dell'anno
(Living artwork of the year)
- 2008 – Boyfriend, song from Coolio (Belén Rodríguez is the female protagonist of the videoclip Boyfriend from the album Steal Hear of the singer Coolio)
- 2009 – Dai muovi muovi written by Mario Gardini and composed by Giovanni Paolo Fontana and Roberto De Luca (intro theme of the Italian TV program Sarabanda)
- 2010 – Aeroplani of Toto Cutugno (sang from Toto Cutugno featuring Belén Rodríguez in the 60th Sanremo Festival during the duos night)
- 2015 – Amarti è folle, using the art name Maria Belén, written and produced from Fortunato Zampaglione which was the main theme of the movie Non c'è 2 senza te
|2007||Tintoria||Presenter||TV series (139 episodes) Rai 3|
|2007||Circo Massimo show||Presenter||Televised by Rai 3|
|2008||Pirati||Herself / Showgirl||Televised by Rai 2|
|2008||L'isola dei famosi||Herself / Contestant||Televised by Rai 2|
|2009||Scherzi a parte||Presenter||Televised by Canale 5|
|2009||No Scherzi No Party||Presenter||Televised by Canale 5|
|2009||Sarabanda||Presenter||Televised by Canale 5|
|2009||Grande Fratello||Herself / Guest Star||Televised by Canale 5|
|2010||Chiambretti Night||Herself / Support act / Dancer||Televised by Italia 1|
|2010||Stiamo tutti bene||Herself / Presenter||Televised by Rai 2|
|2010||Natale in Sudafrica||Angela Ladesse||Film|
|2011||Festival di Sanremo||Presenter||Televised by Rai 1|
|2011||Il commissario Montalbano||Dolores Gutierrez||TV series, televised by Rai 1|
|2011||Ciak... si canta!||Presenter||Televised by Rai 1|
|2011||La notte degli chef||Herself / Guest Star||Televised by Canale 5|
|2011–2012||Colorado||Gina / Presenter||Televised by Italia 1|
|2011||C'è posta per te||Herself / Guest Star||Televised by Canale 5|
|2011||Se sei così ti dico di sì||Cortes Talita||Film|
|2011–2012||Così fan tutte||Herself / Guest Star||TV series, televised by Italia 1|
|2012–2013||Italia's Got Talent||Presenter||Televised by Canale 5|
|2012||Amici di Maria De Filippi||Herself / Support act / Dancer||Televised by Canale 5|
|2012||Gladiatori di Roma||Diana||Film|
|2013||Studio 5||Herself / Guest Star||Televised by Canale 5|
|2014||Domenica In - Speciale Sanremo||Herself / Guest Star||Televised by Rai 1|
|2014||Come mi vorrei||Herself / Presenter||Televised by Italia 1|
|2014||Giass||Herself / Guest Star||Televised by Canale 5|
|2014||Chiambretti Supermarket||Herself / Support act||Televised by Italia 1|
|2014-present||Tú sí que vales (Italia)||Presenter||Televised by Canale 5|
|2015||Non c'è 2 senza te||Laura||Film|
|2015||Avanti un altro! Pure di domenica...||Herself / Presenter / Guest Star||Televised by Canale 5|
|2015||Announo||Herself / Guest Star||Televised by Canale 5|
|2015–2016||Striscia la notizia||Presenter||Televised by Canale 5|
|2015||Arena di Verona, lo spettacolo sta per iniziare||Presenter||Televised by Canale 5|
|2015||Andrea Bocelli - Il mio cinema||Herself / Guest Star||Televised by Canale 5|
|2016||Don Matteo 10||Celeste Martinez||TV series, televised by Rai 1|
|2016||Pequeños gigantes Italia||Presenter||Televised by Canale 5|
|2016||L'intervista||Herself / Guest Star||Televised by Canale 5|
|2016||Nemicamatissima||Herself / Guest Star||Televised by Canale 5|
|2017-2018||C'è posta per te||Herself / Guest Star||Televised by Canale 5|
|2017||Emigratis||Herself / Guest Star||Televised by Italia 1|
|2017||Maurizio Costanzo Show||Herself / Guest Star||Televised by Canale 5|
|2017||Selfie - Le cose cambiano||Herself / Showgirl||Televised by Canale 5|
|2017||Grande Fratello VIP||Herself / Guest Star||Televised by Canale 5|
|2017||Chi ha incastrato Peter Pan?||Herself / Guest Star||Televised by Canale 5|
|2018||Amici di Maria De Filippi||Herself / Guest Star / Dancer||Televised by Canale 5|
|2018||Balalaika - Dalla Russia col pallone||Herself / Showgirl||Televised by Canale 5|
Maldives scandal with Fabrizio Corona
The relationship of Belén with Fabrizio Corona, which began in January 2009 and ended in April 2012, has often been at the center of Italian gossip, arousing various disputes and controversies: for example in April 2009 the paparazzi of Novella 2000 photographed Corona naked after a sexual interlude with Belén that took place in public places in the Maldives, a state in which Sharia prohibits such behavior, and this photo shoot was published in Italy on 24 April 2009, sparking controversy.
Putting her tongue in her son's mouth
On 23 January 2017 the British newspaper Daily Mail published an article that included controversial reactions to a video Belén had posted on Instagram. The video showed Belén putting her tongue into the mouth of her 3-year-old son Santiago briefly. Filmed in a restaurant, it appears she may have been licking whip cream off of his face. Viewers left various comments, some criticising the act as shameful, while others not finding anything inappropriate in it. The Italian left-wing newspaper Il Fatto Quotidiano reported on the controversy and the notoriety it had given Belén in Britain.
Role of women in the media
During her career, various personalities in Italy attacked Belén about the role of women in the media. On 17 February 2012, the Italian press reported on Elsa Fornero's attack against Belén about her "sexy role" in the 2012 Sanremo Festival. On 21 February 2012, Nina Zilli accused Belen of "representing the objectification of women", but Belen rejected Zilli's attack. On 24 July 2017, the Italian press reported on Chef Rubio's attack against Belén about her use of social networks with sexy photos.
Testimonial of Swarovski
On 31 July 2017, the Italian press reported on Swarovski's choice to nominate Belén as worldwide testimonial with the top models Alessandra Ambrosio and Shanina Shaik, who however ignored Belen when Ambrosio and Shaik came to making Swarovski's advertising campaign on their personal social networks: this choice made by the two top models and Swarovski's choice to nominate Belén as worldwide testimonial has caused various disputes and controversies in Italy.
Firm of gossip
In 2006-2007 when Aída Yéspica was officially single, Belen (who was officially the girlfriend of Marco Borriello) was accused by the Italian press to have a secret love story with her, but Belen always denied (Yéspica never commented). In November 2017, the Italian press accused Belen of using her personal assistant Antonia Achille (Belen kissed her mouth in a place open to the public in front of some paparazzi) to advertise herself and some journalists accused Belen of exploiting her personal bisexuality by using one of her personal employees (who, in addition to being a personal friend of Belen, is a family mother with a son) to make gossip. In November 2017 Belén was also accused by the Italian press of imposing her personal friends and family members (her brothers, her parents, her former husband Stefano De Martino and some former partners of her brothers) in the Italian media to create a "firm of gossip". In June 2018, her former boyfriend Fabrizio Corona said that Belen is obsessed with male aesthetics and this explains why she has always sent her boyfriends to the plastic surgeon, obtaining successes in improving their appearance; in the same period during an interview, Belen quarreled with the interviewer and therefore she said that "I do not like gossip questions. I do not like to talk about these mechanisms, because the answers could be misunderstood. I do not like these questions", which seems incredible, according to journalist critics, considering the abuse of gossip that Belen has always done to promote her career.
Rivalry with Michelle Hunziker
In May 2018, Belén is in a fight with some paparazzi, insulted Michelle Hunziker saying that "she goes into depression without the paparazzi under her home"; after the publication of the video on the Italian mass media Belen defined her sentence against Hunziker as "colossal wickedness" (in Italian: cattiveria colossale) and she apologized to her and received her pardon (Hunziker declared: "Belen, I love you for how you are" - in Italian: "Belen, ti amo come sei"); in this occasion Belen accused the paparazzi of having ruined her private life and her marriage with the dancer Stefano De Martino due to the fact that for 12 years (from 2006, when Belen was engaged to the footballer Marco Borriello, to 2018, when this rivalry with Michelle Hunziker exploded) are constantly under her house in Milan.
The paparazzi have accused Belen of being "hypocritical and false" because she firstly used the paparazzi for over a decade to obtain notoriety and then she insulted them, but Belen replied to the paparazzi "I hate you, it's true, you're my nightmare. I go to the psychologist, I can not walk, I live like a movie with the paparazzi who follow me", (in Italian: "Vi odio, è vero, siete il mio incubo. Io vado dallo psicologo, non riesco a camminare. Io vivo come dentro un film con i paparazzi che mi seguono") and she apologizing to Hunziker said that "I have to do a therapy path, the paparazzi create to me a mental decompensation" (in Italian: "Devo fare un percorso di terapia, i paparazzi mi creano uno scompenso mentale").
Luxury of choosing
In May 2018, Belen declared that "I'm lucky. I earn money as a good football player and I can afford the luxury of choosing which jobs to accept" and that after the failure of her marriage with Stefano De Martino, Belén declared that she no longer believes in the institution of marriage: these statements caused quite a stir in the Italian press.
In June 2018, during her participation in the sports talk show Balalaika, Belen was severely insulted so very vulgar and scandalous by many of the program's cast components: always on this occasion Belen was attacked by RAI journalist Paola Ferrari, daughter-in-law by Carlo De Benedetti, because her role in the program because the journalist claims that Belen damages the reputation of women participating in sports programs; it should be noted, however, that Belen's role in this program is very marginal and then to get noticed she insinuated that the presenter Ilary Blasi was without underwear. In this program Belen was insulted by many of the program's cast components for her plastic surgery and note that Balalaika was named as "trash program" from the public and critics. Before the beginning of Balalaika, the journalists insinuated a rivalry between Belen and Alessia Marcuzzi when Mediaset had to choose who to place in this program, but Belen denied (Marcuzzi never commented) everything saying that this rivalry was totally invented by journalists. Aldo Grasso did not approve Belen's role in this program, so with regard to the change in Belen's look from her usually sexy style to her unusual bon ton style, the Corriere della Sera (who approved this change) hypothesized a diktat of Mediaset behind this change of course: instead according to Mediaset it was a change of course due to personal choice of Belen (who, however, has never commented on this affair, so in this way Belen has not confirmed the official version of the facts, or presumed facts, published by Mediaset, suggesting that it was Mediaset who forced her to change her type of clothing during her participation in Balalaika).
- Conocé a Belén, la argentina que deslumbra a los españoles. Diariouno.com.ar. 6 May 2011. Retrieved 28 July 2011.
- "La Sofía Loren rioplatense Belén Rodríguez | Botica Del Espectaculo, Telenovelas, Television, Videos Musica e Información". Boticadelespectaculo.com. 2004-02-26. Retrieved 2016-07-21.
- "Belen Rodriguez management agente agenzia manager". Arcobalenotre.com. 2014-06-20. Retrieved 2016-07-21.
- "Belén Rodríguez y Stefano De Martino en la playa de Ibiza con la familia". Europapress.es (in Spanish). 15 June 2015. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- "Toto je zaručene najsexi moderátorka planéty! Jej krivky sú ohurujúce – Sexi šoubiznis – Koktail – Pravda.sk". Koktail.pravda.sk. 19 June 2015. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- "Adnkronos". Adnkronos.com. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- "Isola dei Famosi 2015 | Cecilia Rodriguez | Playa Desnuda". DavideMaggio.it. Retrieved 2016-07-21.
- "Cecilia Rodriguez | Isola 10". Tvblog.it. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- Montesano, Anna (20 June 2014). "Belen Rodriguez: Santiago De Martino commuove il web e la mamma". Gossipetv.com. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- "Belen difende Cecilia dalle critiche: "Una sorella più bella di te no…". 26 November 2014. Archived from the original on 26 November 2014.
- "PHOTO: Stripper Over Whom Nina Moric Overdosed – Entertainment – Celebrities". Dalje.com. 9 January 2009. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- "Cecilia Rodriguez | QNM". Qnm.it. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- "Cecilia Rodriguez la bellissima sorella di Belen". Publiweb.com (in Italian). Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- "Economia e Finanza – Corriere della Sera". Ilmondo.it. 26 January 2016. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- "Belen e Cecilia Rodriguez, sexy sorelle in affari | Gossip". Oggi.it. 31 January 2014. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- "Borriello: "Con Belen è tutto finito"". 1 July 2012. Archived from the original on 1 July 2012.
- "Archivio Storico". Archive.is. Archived from the original on 13 April 2013. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- "Spettacoli". Archive.is. Archived from the original on 31 July 2012. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- "Belen Rodriguez mamma: è nato Santiago De Martino". DavideMaggio.it. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- "Belen Rodriguez: i segreti del matrimonio dell'anno". Daringtodo.com. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- "L'avvocato di Belen: Si separa da Stefano - Spettacoli". Repubblica.it. 18 March 2015. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- Andreis, Elisabetta. "Belen e Stefano De Martino si separano legalmente: la commozione dell'addio in Tribunale".
- "Belen e Stefano si sono separati ufficialmente. Lui deve darle 1000 euro al mese".
- "belen e stefano de martino: lui verserà 1000 € per il figlio, che vedrà due weekend al mese".
- "Taiyo Yamanouchi: un rapper in Tintoria". Musicalnews.com. 16 July 2016. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- "Ma questa è Belen Rodriguez e quest'altra Claudia Galanti! Il sexy video uscito dal cassetto | Gossip". Oggi.it. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- "Belen 18enne e sexy nel suo primo video Hot ! Guarda ! - Moda uomo, lifestyle | Menchic.itModa uomo, lifestyle". Menchic.it. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- "Archivio Corriere della Sera". Archiviostorico.corriere.it. 29 February 2016. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- "Natale in Sud Africa: L'esordio di Belen Rodriguez al cinema". MYmovies.it. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- "NATALE IN SUDAFRICA / Christian De Sica, trama e cast del nuovo cinepanettone". Direttanews.it. 13 July 2016. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- "Natale in Sudafrica (2010) – Film". Movieplayer.it. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- ""Se sei così ti dico sì", la coppia Solfrizzi-Belen funziona (e il film pure)". CinemaItaliano.info. 16 April 2011. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- "Il commissario Montalbano torna da domani su Rai1 con quattro nuovi film tv". Tvblog.it. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- Elisabetta Esposito (26 August 2015). "Belen Rodriguez guest star in Don Matteo". IlGiornale.it (in Italian). Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- Di Federico Boni. "Non c'è 2 senza te | Trailer | Clip | Video interviste a cast e regista | Poster". Cineblog.it. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- "Tv: Belen in primo episodio decima serie di Don Matteo – Spettacolo". Ansa.it. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- "Don Matteo 10: arriva Belén". Msn.com. 8 July 2016. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- "Belen Rodriguez Gold 100 ml EDP – Ideaprofumi". 25 October 2013. Archived from the original on 25 October 2013.
- "Archive". Archive.is. Archived from the original on 25 October 2013. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- "Belen diventa imprenditrice | Letteradonna celebs". Celebs.letteradonna.it. 31 January 2014. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- "Mondadori Store | Eventi, promozioni e consigli dei librai". Inlibreria.mondadoristore.it. 14 July 2016. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- "Bella Belén: la Rodriguez arriva anche in libreria. FOTO fotogallery | Sky TG24". Tg24.sky.it. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- "BellaBelen il nuovo fotolibro sulla vita di Belen Rodriguez presentato a Milano. | Blog Seduzione". blogseduzione.com. Retrieved 3 February 2012.
- Montesano, Anna (20 June 2014). "Belen Rodríguez inaugura il Ricci tra affetti e scatti d'amore". Gossipetv.com. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- "Belén Rodriguez: 'L'amore è dopo i tre anni'". Vanity Fair Italy. 24 June 2015. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- "Saucy in Brooklyn Isn't Just for Catering". The New York Times. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- see the cover story of Chi of 30 December 2015
- "Bianca Balti, ecco la nuova Belen".
- "Belén: "Dedicato a chi pensa che abbia inventato tutto" - VanityFair.it". Vanity Fair Italia.
- "Belén a Los Angeles con GQ Italia, il video del backstage – GQItalia.it".
- "Fenomenologia di Belén su GQ".
- "Pasta Barilla nei menu McDonald's (FOTO)".
- "Moda: Belen debutta come stilista – Photostory Spettacolo – ANSA.it". ansa.it.
- Redazione. "Belen Rodriguez al mare con i Bikini Lovers by Chiara Biasi – Velvet Style Italia".
- Redazione. "Imperfect: sfilata P/E 2014 Belen e Cecilia Rodriguez insieme – Velvet Style Italia".
- "Belen e Stefano ospiti di Javier e Paula Zanetti al galà della Fondazione Pupi: solidarietà tra argentini". 12 December 2013.
- "Belen e Stefano nella pubblicità di Wechat, ma il bambino non è Santiago: i fan delusi". 3 December 2013.
- "Belen Rodriguez, sfilata sexy (con Cecilia). E manda in tilt Milano Mo..."
- "Belen Rodriguez irresistibile sul set di Sport Week Dreams: basta un bikini e la showgirl ha il mondo ai suoi piedi (FOTO INEDITE)".
- "Belen Rodriguez sfila mezza nuda – Tgcom24".
- "Belen Rodriguez e Stefano De Martino per Richmond X: non solo profumi! - News Mtv Italia". 26 April 2014.
- "ESCLUSIVO, Richmond cambia Rodriguez: via Belen e arriva Mariana – Social Channel".
- "Madalina Ghenea sposa per Vanitas, che prima aveva Belen, bacia Matei Stratan".
- "Belen Rodriguez, il suo primo calendario".
- "Belen Rodriguez nuda – Ma il calendario è del 2006".
- BASE315. "calendario belen rodriguez ainett stephens eva collini nena ristic per de nardi 2006 luglio".
- "Belen Rodriguez".
- "Il calendario di Belen Rodriguez". Repubblica.it.
- "Belen Rodriguez BackStage Maxim".
- "Che bombe(r)! Borriello e Belen Rodriguez la coppia più hot su Max .::. Area Ticino.::. il portale della Svizzera italiana".
- "Vi presentiamo Cecilia Rodriguez".
- "Calendari 2010, Belen Rodriguez ricicla quello del 2006".
- "Belen Rodriguez bellissima su Playboy Italia".
- "Belen Rodriguez nuda per Playboy". TVBlog.it.
- "Belen Rodriguez: mi sono rifatta il seno ma ho un cervello da maschio – Corriere della Sera".
- "Playboy Usa sceglie Belen, senza veli l'argentina sulla pagina ufficiale Twitter – Corriere TV".
- "Belen hot completamente nuda su Playboy".
- "Belen posa per Playboy in Usa – Fotogallery – L'Unione Sarda.it". 15 July 2012.
- "Belen Rodriguez senza veli per Playboy: ritratta senza tatuaggi in un bagno turco, foto del 2007?".
- "HOME Il Messaggero".
- "Belen Rodriguez lascia l'Italia: Victoria's Secret la chiama negli States". 1 June 2013.
- "Belen Rodriguez sarà uno degli angeli di Victoria's Secret?".
- "ESCLUSIVO, Belen Rodriguez sara' una degli angeli di Victoria's Secret !? - Social Channel".
- "Belén Rodriguez si racconta: dall'ultima campagna per 2Jewels ai nuovi progetti di moda – VanityFair.it".
- "Intervista a Belen Rodriguez". 19 June 2015.
- "Belen, le prime foto per Guess su Instagram – Very Cool!".
- "Belen Rodriguez più sensuale che mai nella nuova campagna Guess a Los Angeles".
- "Belen e Cecilia, il backstage delle sorelle Rodriguez è davvero bolle..."
- "Costumi: Cecilia e Belen Rodriguez tornano con Me Fui". 27 May 2016.
- "Belen e Cecilia Rodriguez, set bollente in bikini".
- "Belen Rodriguez, guarda il suo debutto in Tv".
- "Archivio Corriere della Sera".
- "Archivio Corriere della Sera".
- "Archivio Corriere della Sera".
- "FENOMENOLOGIA DI BELEN RODRIGUEZ: LA CORONA DEL SUCCESSO".
- "Archivio Corriere della Sera".
- "GRANDE FRATELLO 10: BELEN RODRIGUEZ E DUE NUOVI CONCORRENTI FANNO IL LORO INGRESSO NELLA CASA".
- "BELEN, L'ARGENTINA CHE VORREMMO VEDERE IN COPPIA CON LA SVIZZERA".
- "CECILIA E BELEN RODRIGUEZ OSPITI AL CHIAMBRETTI NIGHT DEDICATO ALLE".
- "LOVE BUGS: O TEMPORA O TANGA, BELEN PIGLIATUTTO SARA' PROTAGONISTA DELLA QUARTA STAGIONE IN COPPIA CON MAMMUCARI".
- "BELEN DICE SI A TINTO BRASS PER IL SEQUEL DI COSI' FAN TUTTE".
- "Festival di Sanremo, ok a Morandi Ci saranno anche Belen e Elisabetta – Corriere della Sera". Corriere.it. 24 December 2009. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- "BOOM! SIMONE RUGIATI A TU SI QUE VALES".
- "BOOM! A TU SI QUE VALES ARRIVA IL QUARTO GIUDICE: E' TEO MAMMUCARI".
- "Belen Rodriguez, la verità su Stefano De Martino a 'L'Intervista' da Maurizio Costanzo".
- "a lume di candela – anche belen rodriguez a 'nemica amatissima' con heather parisi e lorella cuccari".
- "Nemicamatissima, anticipazioni prima puntata (Esclusiva Blogo)".
- "Oscar Tv: Belén rivelazione dell'anno". Vanityfair.it. 19 March 2011. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- Montesano, Anna (20 June 2014). "Francesco Monte e Cecilia Rodriguez alla premiazione di Belen: le coppie tra amore ed eleganza". Gossipetv.com. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- "GrandPrix della pubblicità, tra i premiati Belen Rodriguez (26 mag 2014) – ilVelino/AGV NEWS". Ilvelino.it. 26 May 2014. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- "A Belen Rodriguez il premio San Gennaro come". Gazzetta.it. Retrieved 21 July 2016.
- "Model to Google: I am not a prostitute". CNN. 26 May 2014.
- "Belen Rodriguez e Fabrizio Corona: foto hot alle Maldive – Spettacoli…". 20 July 2012. Archived from the original on 20 July 2012.
- "Model shares video of her putting her tongue in son's mouth". Mail Online. Retrieved 3 February 2017.
- "Belen Rodriguez per il Daily Mail è "una modella di Playboy che bacia il figlio con la lingua". La polemica sul sito britannico". Il Fatto Quotidiano. 25 January 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Belén Rodríguez.|