Bel Marin Keys, California
Bel Marin Keys
A row of backyard boat docks along Del Oro Lagoon in Bel Marin Keys
|Elevation||10 ft (3 m)|
This section needs additional citations for verification. (April 2021)
Bel Marin Keys is a waterfront community located east of the city of Novato. The community has approximately 700 homes. Most of the homes sit either on one of the many lagoons or on Novato Creek. All of the lagoons have access to San Pablo Bay through the navigational locks. The community is in ZIP code 94949 and area codes 415 and 628.
Bel Marin Keys was a planned community built between the late 1950s and late 1980s. Phases 1 through 4 were completed, but phase 5 was never built and instead the land is in the process of being restored back into the wetlands of Whiteside marsh, which were drained in the early 1900s for farm land. Phase 5 would have roughly doubled the size of Bel Marin Keys had it been built.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Bel Marin Keys, California
- "California's 2nd Congressional District - Representatives & District Map". Civic Impulse, LLC. Retrieved March 8, 2013.
- Bel Marin Keys Community Website
- Bel Marin Keys Unit V Wetland Restoration Design Process website.
- Hamiltonwetlands.gov: Official Hamilton/Bel Marin Keys Wetlands Restoration Project website — Whiteside Marsh project.
- Media related to Whiteside Marsh at Wikimedia Commons