|Belait Sixth Form Centre|
Pusat Tingkatan Enam Belait
Jalan Mumong Kuala Balai
|Former name||Mumong Science College|
(Maktab Sains Mumong)
|Type||Government sixth form college|
|Motto||Berwawasan Dan Dinamik|
(Visionary And Dynamic)
|Established||16 November 2020|
|Authority||Ministry of Education|
|Principal||Chin Ai Fong|
Construction of the campus was immediately put to a halt in 2014, after two separate accidents took place at the same construction site of the same project. The first accident claimed the life an Indonesian worker, while the second accident injured 9 other workers. On October 31, 2017, the school began applying fireproof materials to the building.
Prior to the opening of the school on November 16, 2020, students carried out higher educations in the Sayyidina Ali Secondary School (SMSA). Amidst the 2nd wave of COVID-19 pandemic in Brunei in late 2021, the building was converted into a quarantine area with its designation as COVID-19 Holding Area Belait 6th Form (CHABEL6). Therefore, educations were carried out virtually and later in the SMSA building once again.
Sixth Form subjects
- Literature in English
- Computer Science
- Information Technology
- Art and Design
- Bahasa Melayu
General Paper is a compulsory AS Level subject for all Sixth Form students, for which a credit 6 in BGCE "O" English Language is necessary. Sixth form students without a credit 6 in that subject usually sit again for it in June or November of their lower sixth year to enable them to undertake the GP course beginning in upper sixth.
- gp (2021-02-02). "Sambutan Hari Terbuka PTE Belait meriah » Media Permata Online". Sambutan Hari Terbuka PTE Belait meriah. Retrieved 2022-05-07.
- gp (2021-02-03). "Open day gives a peek at pre-uni education » Borneo Bulletin Online". Open day gives a peek at pre-uni education. Retrieved 2022-05-07.
- "Theofficial_PtebKB (@pteb.kb) • Instagram photos and videos". www.instagram.com. Retrieved 2022-05-07.
- "Work halted at collapse construction site in KB | The BT Archive". btarchive.org. Retrieved 2022-05-23.
- "Indonesian embassy satisfied with gov't handling of recent construction accidents | The BT Archive". btarchive.org. Retrieved 2022-05-23.
- "Stop-Work order issued in the aftermath of construction fiasco". Borneo Post Online. Retrieved 2022-05-23.
- "9 injured in construction mishap". Borneo Post Online. Retrieved 2022-05-23.
- "Project : Fireproofing Works at Sekolah Maktab Sains Mumong, Kuala Belait". www.samtechbrunei.com. 31 October 2017. Retrieved 2022-05-23.
- "News - RIGOROUS PREPARATIONS FOR THE COVID-19 HOLDING..." www.mindef.gov.bn. Retrieved 2022-05-07.