Belarus State Economic University
Беларускі дзяржаўны эканамічны ўніверсітэт
|Rector||Professor V. M. Shimov|
Belarus State Economic University (Belarusian: Беларускі дзяржаўны эканамічны ўніверсітэт) is a university in Minsk, Belarus. It specializes in Finance and Economics. It was founded in 1933 as Belarusian Institute for National Economy. It was renamed Belarus State Economic University (BSEU) in January 1992. In 1997, the university was officially given the status of a leading educational institution in preparing specialists in the field of economics.
The university currently has 11 faculties, Special Faculty of Psycho-Pedagogical Training and Professional Development, Bobruisk University Branch, Institute for Social and Humanities Education, 65 departments, student scientific research laboratories and other units.
- Faculty of Marketing and Logistics
- Faculty of Management
- Faculty of International Economic Relations
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Accounting and Economics
- Faculty of Banking and Finance
- Faculty of Economy and Trade Management
- Faculty of International Business Communication
- Higher School of Business and Management
- Higher School of Tourism
- Faculty of Pre-university Training
The university has close contacts with such international educational organizations as: USA embassy, International Research & Exchanges Board (IREX), British Council, German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and others.
According to the "Webometrics Ranking of World Universities" the Belarus State Economic University is ranked 4947 in the world (January 2016).
- Mikhail Golosov - Homer J. Livingston professor of economics at the University of Chicago.
- Aleh Tsyvinski - Arthur M. Okun professor of economics at Yale University.
Criticism, accusations of political repressions
In late 2005, Tasiana Khoma, a fourth-year A-student of the International Economic Relations Faculty, was expelled from the BSEU after participating in a conference of ESIB, a pan-European student organization, where she was elected member of the organization's leadership. The expulsion caused wide international protest and concerns from Sweden's education minister Leif Pagrotsky. The European University Association has frozen its cooperation with the BSEU following the scandal.
- "История университета". www.bseu.by. Retrieved 2017-01-08.
- "Search | Ranking Web of Universities". www.webometrics.info. Retrieved 2016-04-17.
- "Таццяна Хома: «Я ўсё роўна скончу Беларускi эканамiчны ўнiверсiтэт»". Generation.by. 9 December 2005. Retrieved 8 December 2017.
- Smith, Hon. Christopher H. (6 December 2005). "Riding Roughshod Over Rights in Belarus". US COMMISSION ON SECURITY AND COOPERATION IN EUROPE. Retrieved 8 December 2017.
- "Тацяна Хома: "Імідж БДЭУ ад гэтага пацярпеў – гэта дакладна"". Radio Svaboda. 5 December 2005. Retrieved 8 December 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Belarusian State Economic University.|
|This Belarusian university, college or other education institution article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|