|Location||Belda, West Bengal, India|
Belda College is a co-educational college situated at Belda, Paschim Medinipur, West Bengal. It was established in 1963 and offers undergraduate education. The college is affiliated to Vidyasagar University.
The college was established on 16 August 1963. Belda Satyanarayana Mandir committee and Deuli Sudhir Primary School Committee donated the land and money.
Facilities and campus
The college is situated slightly away from town with a campus of 11 acres (45,000 m2) with a built up area of 4 acres (16,000 m2). The college has its own hostels for boys and girls with a seating capacity of 80 and 30 respectively. The college have separate common rooms for boys and girls with facilities for indoor games like carrom and chess. Further there is provision for playing outdoor games. There is a in campus canteen offering snacks and beverages. The college also have a Netaji Subhas Open University and an IGNOU study center to facilitate distance education.
The college has a well-developed library with about 15,128 books, journals and periodicals along with internet and computer and photocopying facilities. There is a reading room with a seating capacity of 80 students. There are eleven laboratories with minimum adequate facilities for the laboratory based subjects.
- Colleges in West Bengal, University Grants Commission Archived 16 November 2011 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Affiliated College of Vidyasagar University".
- "History of Belda College". Belda College. Retrieved 2009-05-03.
- "Minimum Disclosure for Colleges" (PDF). Retrieved 2009-05-03.
- "Library Information". Retrieved 2009-05-03.
- "Institutions Accredited / Re-accredited by NAAC with validity" (PDF). National Assessment and Accreditation Council. Archived from the original (PDF) on 12 May 2012. Retrieved 22 February 2012.