Belden (electronics company)
|Traded as||NYSE: BDC|
S&P 400 Component
|Products||Coaxial, power, and signal cables, Connectors|
|Revenue||$2.3 bil 2014|
|$74.449 mil (2014)|
|Total assets||$3,262.83 mil (2014)|
|Total equity||$807.186 mil (2014)|
Number of employees
Belden Incorporated is an American manufacturer of networking, connectivity, and cable products. The company designs, manufactures, and markets signal transmission products for demanding applications. These products serve the industrial automation, enterprise, security, transportation, infrastructure, and residential markets. Belden is one of the largest U.S.-based manufacturers of high-speed electronic cables primarily used in industrial, enterprise, and broadcast markets.
Belden is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri. Its president and CEO is John Stroup.
Belden operates in three regions:
PPC, a division of Belden, holds a number of patents for connector technology and has pioneered advancements for various industries. PPC Belden's innovations include the Universal Compression Connector, the wireless compression connector for the wireless industry and a locking HDMI connector. It was purchased by Belden in 2012. PPC Belden has its headquarters in East Syracuse, New York.
Belden was founded in 1902.
Belden expanded in the 21st century through a number of corporate acquisitions:
In December 2014, Belden said it will buy Tripwire, for $710 million. The deal, which is expected to close in the first quarter of 2015, will allow the companies to deliver cybersecurity solutions across industrial and broadcast markets.
- Belden 2014 Financials Archived July 14, 2015, at the Wayback Machine
- United States Patent & Trademark Office[permanent dead link]
- Universal Compression Connector Product Specifications Archived June 28, 2009, at the Wayback Machine
- PPC Wireless Industry Products Archived April 21, 2009, at the Wayback Machine
- PPC Locking HDMI Cable Archived June 22, 2009, at the Wayback Machine
- Belden buys privately held PPC for $515.7 million. (2012, December 11) https://www.reuters.com/article/2012/12/11/us-belden-acquisition-idUSBRE8BA0I320121211
- "Relentless Consumer Appetite for Capacity, Speed, and Quality". PPC Belden. Retrieved February 22, 2018.
- "Company Overview of Belden Inc". Bloomberg. Retrieved February 22, 2018.
- Belden to Acquire Hirschmann. (2007, March 13) http://www.automationworld.com/networking-amp-connectivity/belden-acquire-hirschmann
- Belden Acquires Lumberg Assets. (2007, May 15) http://www.radioworld.com/article/belden-acquires-lumberg-assets/17695
- "Network World" article Archived December 29, 2010, at the Wayback Machine
- Belden Acquires Telecast Fiber Systems. (2009, December 23). http://www.cablinginstall.com/articles/2009/12/belden-acquires-telecast.html
- Belden to buy GarrettCom for $52M. (2010, November 23) http://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/news/2010/11/23/belden-to-buy-garrettcom.html?page=all
- Belden to acquire Thomas & Betts unit for $78M. (2010, November 11) "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-04-15. Retrieved 2015-04-14.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Information Week" article
- Belden acquires Poliron for $30M. (2011, April 4) http://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/news/2011/04/04/belden-acquires-poliron-for-30m.html
- Belden/Hirschmann Buys Byres Security/Tofino. (2011, September 1) http://www.digitalbond.com/blog/2011/09/01/beldenhirschmann-buys-byres-securitytofino/
- Belden to buy Canada's Miranda Tech for $377 million. (2012, June 5) https://www.reuters.com/article/2012/06/05/us-mirandatechnologies-offer-idUSBRE8540JO20120605
- Belden To Acquire Grass Valley. (2014, February 6) http://www.multichannel.com/news/finance/belden-acquire-grass-valley/271107
- "Belden to buy cybersecurity firm Tripwire for $710 million". Reuters. 2014-12-10.
- Belden buys Tripwire for $710m: Will keep network burglars out of Internet of Things. (2014, December 10) https://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/12/10/belden_buys_tripwire/