Béal Feirste Uachtarach (Irish)
Location of Belfast Upper, County Antrim, Northern Ireland.
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
Belfast Upper is a barony in County Antrim, Northern Ireland. To its east lies the barony of Belfast and Belfast Lough, and it is bordered by five other baronies: Belfast Lower to the north-east; Antrim Upper to the north-west; Massereene Lower to the west; Massereene Upper to the south-west; and Castlereagh Upper to the south. The Forth River flows through both Belfast Upper and Lower. The most prominent hills in the barony are Black Hill and Lyle's Hill.
List of settlements
Below is a list of settlements in Belfast Upper:
- Belfast (split with barony of Belfast Lower)
Towns and villages
- Carr's Glen
- Seymour Hill
List of civil parishes
- Ballymartin (split with barony of Belfast Lower)
- Derriaghy (also partly in barony of Massereene Upper)
- Lambeg (split with barony of Massereene Upper)
- Shankill (split with barony of Belfast Lower)
- Templepatrick (split with barony of Belfast Lower)
- "Belfast Upper". Placenames Database of Ireland. Department of Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs. Retrieved 5 February 2011.
- PRONI Baronies of Northern Ireland
- "Forth River". Placenames Database of Ireland. Department of Community, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs. Retrieved 5 June 2011.
- PRONI Civil Parishes of County Antrim
- Baronies and parishes of County Antrim
|This article related to the geography of County Antrim, Northern Ireland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|