Belgian First Division A top scorers
The following is the list of Belgian First Division A top scorers by season, since the inception of the Belgian First Division A in 1895 until the present day.
Arthur Ceuleers and Jules Van Craen hold the record for most goals in a single season at 41. Erwin Vandenbergh holds the record for most awards won, with six wins. The most recent top scorer of the Belgian First Division A is Jérémy Perbet.
In recent years, the criteria to determine the top scorer in the Belgian First Division A have been extended, making it nearly impossible to have two or more shared winners in a season The criteria are currently as follows, in order:
- Number of goals scored
- Number of away goals scored
- Number of minutes played
- Number of assists
- Number of goals scored, not taking into account penalty kicks
The ranking is computed after each matchday. Until matchday three, the player who scored the most goals during the previous season will play with the image of a "golden bull" on his back. Thereafter, each matchday the leader in the standings will get the image on his shirt. The final standings are computed upon conclusion of the championship playoffs and the Europa League playoffs. The test matches to determine the final team going to the Europa League are not taken into account.
List of top scorers
|Player (X)||Name of the player and number of times they had won the award at that point (if more than one)|
|Indicates multiple award winners in the same season|
|Indicates player also won the European Golden Shoe in the same season|
|§||Denotes the club were Belgian Pro League champions in the same season|
- 1^ Originally, Rik Coppens was credited with the title of top scorer for the 1951-52 season with 23 goals, until in 2011 a fan noticed that Jozef Mannaerts had actually scored 25 goals that season and the title changed hands.
- 2^ Josip Weber changed nationality during the 1993-94 season.
- 3^ Starting with the 2009-10 season, only 30 games were played in the regular competition to decide upon the title of topscorer. In the first season, the title of top scorer was decided immediately after these 30 games. However, from the season 2010-11 on, the goals scored during the playoffs will count. If this rule had been in place during the 2009-10 season, Dorge Kouemaha would have been top scorer instead of Lukaku.
- "RC Mechelen-forward is the top scorer of the 1951-52 season" (in Dutch). sporza.be. 2011-12-06.
- "Top scorer known only after play-offs" (in Dutch). nieuwsblad.be. 2011-03-18.
-  - List of top scorers