Belgium at the 1948 Summer Olympics
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Belgium at the
1948 Summer Olympics
|NOC||Belgian Olympic and Interfederal Committee|
|Competitors||152 (132 men, 20 women) in 17 sports|
|Summer Olympics appearances (overview)|
|Other related appearances|
|1906 Intercalated Games|
- Gaston Reiff — Athletics, Men's 5.000 metres
- Léon Delathouwer, Eugène van Roosbroeck and Lode Wouters — Cycling, Men's Team Road Race
- Etienne Gailly — Athletics, Men's Marathon
- Lode Wouters — Cycling, Men's Individual Road Race
- Paul Valcke, André van de Werve de Vorsselaer, Georges de Bourguignon, Raymond Bru, Edouard Yves, and Henri Paternoster — Fencing, Men's Foil Team Competition
- Men's Team Competition
- Preliminary Round (Group B)
- Lost to South Korea (27-29)
- Lost to China (34-44)
- Defeated Iraq (98-20)
- Defeated Chile (38-36)
- Defeated Philippines (37-35)
- Classification Matches
- 9th/16th place: Defeated Hungary (walk-over)
- 9th/12th place: Lost to Canada (40-45)
- 11th/12th place: Defeated Philippines (38-34) → Eleventh place
Twelve cyclists, all men, represented Belgium in 1948.
18 fencers, 15 men and 3 women, represented Belgium in 1948.
- Georges de Bourguignon, Henri Paternóster, Édouard Yves, Raymond Bru, André Van De Werve De Vorsselaer, Paul Valcke
Three male pentathletes represented Belgium in 1948.
Three shooters represented Belgium in 1948.