Belgium in the Eurovision Song Contest 2012
|Eurovision Song Contest 2012|
|Selection process||Artist: Internal Selection|
Song: Eurosong 2012: Een song voor Iris
|Selected song||"Would You?"|
|Semi-final result||Failed to qualify (17th, 16 points)|
|Belgium in the Eurovision Song Contest|
Belgium participated in the Eurovision Song Contest 2012 in Baku, Azerbaijan. The Belgian entry was selected through a combination of an internal selection, to select the artist, and a national final, to select the song, both organised by the Belgian broadcaster VRT. Iris represented Belgium with the song "Would You?", which failed to qualify from the first semi-final, achieving 17th place with 16 points.
Eurosong 2012: Een song voor Iris
The Flemish broadcaster VRT again chose an artist to represent the country in the 2012 contest internally. The artist performed a number of songs during a live show. The public then voted for which song they would prefer to represent Belgium in the 2012 contest.
On 19 December 2011, VRT made an open call for songs. Songs had to be submitted before 16 January 2012.
On 17 March 2012, Eurosong 2012: Een song voor Iris took place. In the show, Iris sang two possible entries for the Eurovision Song Contest. The winning song was chosen by televoting. Later that night, the results were announced during the Flemish talkshow Vrienden Van de Veire.
Belgium competed in the first half of the first semi-final (8th on stage), on 22 May 2012, following Switzerland and preceding Finland. Belgium received 16 points and placed 17th, thus failing to qualify for the grand final on the 26 May.
- In the Semi-final Belgium came 17th with 16 points: the public awarded Belgium 18th place with 2 points^ and the jury awarded 15th place with 38 points.
Points awarded to Belgium
|12 points||10 points||8 points||7 points||6 points|
|5 points||4 points||3 points||2 points||1 point|
Points awarded by Belgium
Semi final 1
Points awarded in first semi-final:
Points awarded in the final:
Jury points awarded by Belgium
Jury points awarded in second semi-final:
Jury points awarded in the final
- "Eurovision Song Contest 2012 Semi-Final (1)". Eurovision.tv.
- Storvik-Green, Simon (17 March 2012). "Belgium: It's "Would You?" for Iris in Baku". Eurovision.tv.
- "Eurovision Song Contest Semi-Final (2)". Eurovision.tv.
- Siim, Jarmo (18 June 2012). "Eurovision 2012 split jury-televote results revealed". Eurovision.tv.
- "Albania to broadcast tonights semifinal deferred". European Broadcasting Union. 22 May 2012. Retrieved 22 May 2012.
- "Eurovision Song Contest 2012 Grand Final". Eurovision.tv.