Believe (Dima Bilan song)
|Single by Dima Bilan|
|from the album Против Правил, Believe|
|Released||May 26, 2008|
|Format||CD single, digital download|
|Label||Universal Music, EMI, Мистерия Звука|
|Songwriter(s)||Jim Beanz, Dima Bilan|
Belgian cover for Believe
|Eurovision Song Contest 2008 entry|
|◄ "Song #1" (2007)|
|"Mamo" (2009) ►|
On 20 May 2008 Bilan sang in the first semi-final of the Eurovision Song Contest 2008, and the song was voted into the final by public vote. It was performed 24th out of 25 songs in the final on 24 May 2008.
The Russian figure skater, Olympic gold medalist and three-time world champion Evgeni Plushenko, skated on artificial ice on stage as part of the song performance, while the Hungarian composer and violinist Edvin Marton played his Stradivarius.
This song won the contest, finishing with a total of 272 points, becoming the fourth ex-Soviet Union country to win the annual contest. Dmitriy Medvedev, the president of Russia, admitted that he himself watched the contest and called right away to congratulate Dima.
In March 2008 a video was produced for the song Believe. The whole team took part in the production – Dima Bilan, Evgeni Plushenko, Edvin Marton and Yana Rudkovskaya, producer of Dima Bilan. The action of the video starts in a hospital where a mother finds out that her son has leukaemia and needs an expensive surgery. Then the action proceeds to a bar where Dima Bilan is watching TV and finds out that a child needs help. He immediately calls his producer, Yana Rudkovskaya, and tells her that they have to do something to raise money to help a child survive. They decide to give a charity concert with all the three participants performing. At the end of the video you can see the boy after the surgery. He smiles, gets up from the wheelchair and runs to greet the people who saved his life. Dima, Evgeni and Edvin meet the boy with presents happy that the money raised at the concert saved a child’s life. The video is strongly connected to the song delivering the message that everything is possible in this world if you only believe.
The song also has a Russian version which was equally popular in many countries.
- Russian edition
- Believe (Radio Version)
- Believe (with violin)
- Believe (with violin, Karaoke)
- Believe (Russian Version - Все в твоих руках - All in your hands)
- Believe (Russian Version, Karaoke)
- Believe (Video)
- Как раньше 2.0 (As before)
- Как раньше 2.0 (Karaoke)
- Dima's biography (in English)
- German edition
- Believe (Eurovision Version)
- Believe (Radio Edit)
- Believe (Russian Version)
- Believe (Video)
- Belgian edition
- Believe (Radio Version) - 3:17
- Believe (Russian Version) - 3:17
- Believe (Spanish Version) - 3:17
- Believe (Video) - 4:03
|Russia||May 26, 2008|
|Germany||June 6, 2008|
|Belgium||July 7, 2008|
|Denmark||July 16, 2008|
|Belgium (Ultratop 50 Flanders)||66|
|Germany (Official German Charts)||52|
- "Dima Bilan again conquers Russian hearts". Eurovision.tv. 2008-03-09. Archived from the original on 10 March 2008. Retrieved 2008-03-09.
- Bilan Planning To Put On A Show, OLBG, May 14, 2008.
- German edition of Believe[permanent dead link]
- "Ultratop.be – Dima Bilan – Believe" (in Dutch). Ultratop 50.
- "Offiziellecharts.de – Dima Bilan – Believe". GfK Entertainment Charts.
- "Swedishcharts.com – Dima Bilan – Believe". Singles Top 100.