|Studio album by The New Tony Williams Lifetime|
|The New Tony Williams Lifetime chronology|
|The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide|||
Believe It is the first album by The New Tony Williams Lifetime, released in 1975 on Columbia Records. The New Lifetime was a jazz fusion band formed by the drummer Tony Williams with Allan Holdsworth on guitar, Alan Pasqua on keyboards and Tony Newton on bass.
Allmusic awarded the album with 4 stars.
The compositions Fred, Proto Cosmos and Red Alert are also featured on the Allan Holdsworth DVD Live at Yoshi's, released in 2007. Holdsworth has often stated that his time with the drummer was the most influential formative stage of his career.
- "Snake Oil" (Tony Newton) — 6:30
- "Fred" (Allan Holdsworth) — 6:48
- "Proto-Cosmos" (Alan Pasqua) — 4:02
- "Red Alert" (Newton) — 4:39
- "Wildlife" (Tony Williams) — 5:22
- "Mr Spock" (Holdsworth) — 6:15
- "Celebration" (Williams) — [Bonus Track] 4:01
- "Letsby" (Holdsworth) — [Bonus Track] 6:34
- Allmusic review
- Swenson, J. (Editor) (1985). The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide. USA: Random House/Rolling Stone. p. 209. ISBN 0-394-72643-X.
- Nastos, G. Allmusic Review: Believe It accessed 10 April 2010
- Hoard. C Allan Holdsworth: Reaching for the Uncommon Chord. Hal Leonard, 1987, ISBN 978-0-634-07002-0, p. 14.