This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Chinese name||韓君婷 (traditional)|
|Chinese name||韩君婷 (simplified)|
28 September 1975 |
|Years active||1997 - present|
Belinda Hamnett (Chinese: 韓君婷; Cantonese: Hon Kwun-Ting) born 28 September 1975 in Hong Kong is an actress, model and ex-beauty queen. Being crowned Miss Asia Pageant 1997 effectively launched her career in the fashion and entertainment industry. The model turned Hong Kong film actress currently lives in Singapore.
Belinda Hamnett spent her childhood and teenage years in Singapore where her father was stationed. Her father is English and her mother is Chinese. Home back then was in Changi (the eastern part of Singapore) where she studied at the Changkat Changi Secondary School. On Sundays, Hamnett's mother would drive her to St Hilda's Church, an Anglican church located in Ceylon Road where she used to attend Sunday school.
Hamnett was very well liked in school and in church. In her early teens, she aspired to be a famous model. She participated in ATV's Miss Asia Pageant held in Hong Kong in 1997, where she bagged the coveted title of Miss Asia that year.
In 2006, Hamnett publicly admitted that she has overcome anorexia and has been gradually gaining weight with the help of medical practitioners. Hamnett, who was once very skinny, underwent a course of exercise and ate small amounts of food several times a day in order to regain her feminine figure. She commented, “Although my body has not reached the stage the doctors approve of, but I am already very pleased. I am very happy at the moment. Whenever I have time I will go shopping and it makes me feel great!”
For several years she has been contracted with TVB and ATV Hong Kong broadcast companies and did several Cantonese based television series for them. She has also appeared in several movies and her photos have been featured in numerous fashion magazines. Belinda left TVB between 2005 and 2006 and was relatively silent within media and entertainment for a few years. In 2009, she returned to ATV for a new drama series.
By the end of 2010 Belinda returned to Singapore, where she works as an office lady to lend a helping hand to her brother's business. Belinda Hamnett is prepared to spend time with her parents who are long-term residents of Singapore.
- Women on the Run (2005) (TVB Series) Chu Chu
- Healing Hands III (2005) (TVB Series) Martha
- My Family (2005) (TVB Series) Akubi
- To Catch the Uncatchable (2004) (TVB Series) Mary Sok
- Point of No Return (2003) (TVB Series) as Law Bik-kei
- Divine Retribution (2000) (ATV Series) .... Cheng Miu-miu
- My Date with a Vampire II (2000) (ATV Series) Si-nga
- Troublesome Night 6 (2000)
- Dance of a Dream (2001)
- Women from Mars (2002) - Kwun-Ting Hon
- Love For All Seasons (2003) - Cat
- Diva - Ah Hey (2003)
- Bless the Child (2003)
- Men Suddenly in Black (2003) [cameo]
- The Princess of Temple Street (2003)
- Herbal Tea (2004) - Erotic Film Director
- Love is a Many Stupid Thing (2004)
- Where is Mama's Boy? (2005) - The big sister