|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||318.348 g/mol|
|3D model (JSmol)|
In 2007 preliminary results were released from the Phase II clinical trial of intravenous belinostat in combination with carboplatin and paclitaxel for relapsed ovarian cancer. Final results in late 2009 of a phase II trial for T-cell lymphoma were encouraging. Belinostat has been granted orphan drug and fast track designation by the FDA, and was approved in the US for the use against peripheral T-cell lymphoma on 3 July 2014. It is not approved in Europe as of August 2014[update].
The approved pharmaceutical formulation is given intravenously.:180 Belinostat is primarily metabolized by UGT1A1; the initial dose should be reduced if the recipient is known to be homozygous for the UGT1A1*28 allele.:179 and 181
- "Beleodaq (belinostat) For Injection, For Intravenous Administration. Full Prescribing Information" (PDF). Spectrum Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Irvine, CA 92618. Retrieved 21 November 2015.
- Plumb JA; Finn PW; Williams RJ; et al. (2003). "Pharmacodynamic Response and Inhibition of Growth of Human Tumor Xenografts by the Novel Histone Deacetylase Inhibitor PXD101". Molecular Cancer Therapeutics. 2 (8): 721–728. PMID 12939461.
- "FDA approves Beleodaq to treat rare, aggressive form of non-Hodgkin lymphoma". FDA. 3 July 2014.
- "CuraGen Corporation (CRGN) and TopoTarget A/S Announce Presentation of Belinostat Clinical Trial Results at AACR-NCI-EORTC International Conference". October 2007.
- Final Results of a Phase II Trial of Belinostat (PXD101) in Patients with Recurrent or Refractory Peripheral or Cutaneous T-Cell Lymphoma, December 2009
- "Spectrum adds to cancer pipeline with $350M deal". February 2010.
- H. Spreitzer (4 August 2014). "Neue Wirkstoffe – Belinostat". Österreichische Apothekerzeitung (in German) (16/2014): 27.
- Lexicomp, (corporate author) (2016). Bragalone, DL, ed. Drug Information Handbook for Oncology (14th ed.). Wolters Kluwer. ISBN 9781591953517.
|This antineoplastic or immunomodulatory drug article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|