Belize Telemedia Limited
This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founded||1972 (Merged with Cable and Wireless Belize in 1987)|
|Headquarters||Belize City, Belize|
|Nestor Vasquez, Chairman of the Board of Directors|
|Products||Telephone, Internet, Digital TV|
|Revenue||22.1 million BZD (2015)|
|157.1 million USD (2015)|
Number of employees
Belize Telemedia Limited (BTL), formerly Belize Telecommunications Limited, is a telecommunications company in Belize. Established in 1972 as the Telecommunications Authority, it rapidly became Belize's leading telecommunication provider in the 1980s and 1990s. In May 2007, it changed its name from Belize Telecommunications Limited to Belize Telemedia Limited. The wireless division of BTL is called DigiCell. In August 2009, the company was nationalized by the Government of Belize, who appropriated 94% of its shares which were previously controlled by Michael Ashcroft.
- http://www.governmentofbelize.gov.bz/download/pm_intro_bill.pdf[permanent dead link]
- "Government Passes Law to Takeover Telemedia". 7 News Belize. 24 August 2009. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- Belize Telemedia Limited Official site
- DigiCell mobile service Official site
- The Reporter, 29 September 2006 "Outrage at callous BTL! Call for Fonseca to resign "
- The Reporter, 8 September 2006 "BTL’s $5.8M tax write-off: Another can of worms for Musa"
|This Belize-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a telecommunications company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|