Belize Telemedia Limited
|Founded||1972 (Merged with Cable and Wireless Belize in 1987)|
|Headquarters||Belize City, Belize|
|Nestor Vasquez, Chairman of the Board of Directors|
|Revenue||22.1 million BZD (2015)|
|157.1 million USD (2015)|
Number of employees
Belize Telemedia Limited (BTL), is a Belizean telecommunications company headquartered at Saint Thomas Street, Belize. BTL is the largest business, telecommunications and multimedia company operating in the country of Belize with a book value in excess of $300 million BZD. With over 600 skilled and trained employees and 13 branch offices countrywide, BTL is focused on developing, engineering and expanding its state-of-the-art network and technologies. In its aim to provide the best in communications and multimedia services, the company offers universal access and is the only full service provider operating in Belize. BTL offers turnkey solutions for businesses, residences and transient customers while roaming.
BTL began its existence as Cable & Wireless, Plc, a British firm, which in 1956 introduced the first telephone system in Belize with international radio-telephone links. In 1963 the Government of Belize gave Cable & Wireless a license for telecommunications services and in 1972 by Ordinance No. 22, the government established Belize Telecommunications Authority (BTA) as a statutory board with duties to operate, maintain and administer the national telecommunication services, and all other internal and external telecommunication services. On December 13, C&W and BTA merged to form Belize Telecommunications Limited (BTL). In May 29th 2007, it changed its name from Belize Telecommunications Limited to Belize Telemedia Limited. The wireless division of BTL is called DigiCell.
Board Of Directors
- Nestor Vasquez - Chairman
- Anwar Barrow
- Colonel George Lovell
- Audrey Wallace
- Dr. Colin Young
- Eric Eusey
- Rafael Marin
- John Mencias
- Anwar Barrow - Chairman
- Nestor Vasquez - Executive Committee Member
- John Mencias - Executive Committee Member
BTL'S Top Management
- Mr. Ivan Tesucum - Ag. Chief Executive Officer
- Mr. Jelmer Gulmans- Chief Strategy Officer
- Mr. Moshea Smith - Chief Information Officer
- Mr. Marlon Johnson - Chief Sales and Marketing Officer
- Mrs. Zellie Tillett - Chief Customer Service Officer
- Mr. John Burns - Ag. Chief Financial Officer
- Mrs. Sonia Ceballos - Chief Technical Officer
- Ms. Danalyn Murillo - Ag. Internal Auditor
- Mrs. Mary Meighan - General Manager - Sales
- Ms. Jolene Avila - General Manager - Human Resources & Administration
- Mr. Tomas Marte - General Manager - Network Engineering
- Mr. Jose Riveroll - General Manager - Network Operations
- Ms. Anaceli Perdomo - General Manager - Service Operations
- "Government Passes Law to Takeover Telemedia". 7 News Belize. 24 August 2009. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- The Reporter, 29 September 2006 "Outrage at callous BTL! Call for Fonseca to resign "
- The Reporter, 8 September 2006 "BTL’s $5.8M tax write-off: Another can of worms for Musa"
|This Belize-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a telecommunications company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|