|(2010 – 54,925
0.00018% of the U.S. population.
2000 – 37,688
1990 – 21,205)
|Regions with significant populations|
|Los Angeles County, New York City, Chicago, Illinois, Houston, Texas|
English, Garifuna, Spanish, American English
but also Catholicism · Rastafarianism
|Related ethnic groups|
|Afro-Caribbean, Kriols, Garinagu, Mestizos, Indians, African diaspora, Black people, Hispanic and Latino Americans|
About one out of every three Belizeans now live overseas and outside of Belize; the majority have migrated to Anglophone countries, especially the United States, where there are some 54,925 Belizeans, and the United Kingdom, with around 3,000 Belizeans. Smaller numbers now live in Canada.
Kriols and other ethnic groups are emigrating mostly to the United States, but also to the United Kingdom and other developed nations for better opportunities. Based on the latest U.S. Census, Belizeans in the United States are primarily of the Kriol and Garinagu ethnic groups of African, Native American and European descent, who are considered Black in the United States. In 1990, there were about 10,000 Belizean Americans citizens in the United States.
|Lists of Americans|
|By U.S. state|
|By ethnicity or nationality|
- Avery August (born 1966), doctor and scientist
- Andrew Ballen (born 1973), entrepreneur and producer
- Zee Edgell (born 1940), author
- Max Faget (1921-2004), mechanical engineer
- Noel Felix (born 1981), basketball player
- Kareem Ferguson (born 1986), actor
- O.T. Genasis (born 1987), rapper
- Houston (born 1983), singer
- Marion Jones (born 1975), track and field athlete and basketball player
- Chito Martínez (born 1965), baseball player
- Kenneth Medwood (born 1987), track and field athlete
- Nigel Miguel (born 1963), actor
- Rakeem Nuñez-Roches (born 1993), American football player
- Joe Pacheco (born 1985), mixed martial artist
- Milt Palacio (born 1978), basketball player
- Arlie Petters (born 1964), physicist
- Verno Phillips (born 1969), boxer
- Marion Reneau (born 1977), mixed martial artist
- Makonnen Sheran (born 1989), rapper
- Shyne (born 1978), rapper
- Lisa Tucker (born 1989), singer and actress
- Simone Biles (born 1997), artistic gymnast and Olympic gold medalist
- "Total ancestry categories tallied for people with one or more ancestry categories reported 2010 American Community Survey 1-Year Estimates". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved December 9, 2013.
- "Table 1. First, Second, and Total Responses to the Ancestry Question by Detailed Ancestry Code: 2000". U.S. Census. U.S. Bureau of the Census. 2000. Retrieved December 9, 2013.
- "Selected Characteristics for Persons of Belizean Ancestry: 1990". U.S. Census. U.S. Bureau of the Census. February 18, 1998. Retrieved December 9, 2013.
- "Diaspora of Belize" Council on Diplomacy, Washington, D.C. and Consulate General of Belize.
|This article related to an ethnic group is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|