The Belizean Grove is an elite, invitation-only American women's social club, located in New York City. Founded in 1999 by Susan Stautberg, a former Westinghouse Broadcasting executive, and Edie Weiner, a futurist, the Belizean Grove includes approximately 115 to 125 influential members from the military, financial, and diplomatic sectors. It is the female equivalent to the male-only social group, the Bohemian Club, whose annual meetings are held at the Bohemian Grove in California. The Belizean Grove meets annually in Belize or similar Central American locations. They also meet in New York and other U.S. cities, for activities they describe as "a balance of fun, substantive programs and bonding".
Notable members of the Belizean Grove include former General Services Administration Administrator Lurita Doan and U.S. Army General Ann E. Dunwoody. High-level executives from Goldman Sachs, Victoria's Secret, and Harley-Davidson also belong to the Grove, as do some ambassadors. Other business leaders include: Davia Temin, CEO and Founder of Temin and Company, Catherina Allen, CEO of Santa Fe Group, and Ann Kaplan of Circle Financial Group. Supreme Court justice Sonia Sotomayor was a member of the Grove until June 19, 2009, when she resigned after Republican senators voiced concerns over the group's women-only membership policy.
- Gutner, Toddi (2001-02-19). "Move Over, Bohemian Grove". BusinessWeek. Archived from the original on 12 June 2009. Retrieved 2009-06-05.
- Vogel, Kenneth P. (2009-06-04). "Sonia Sotomayor found friends in elite group". The Politico. Archived from the original on 8 June 2009. Retrieved 2009-06-05.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-10-24. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-01-10. Retrieved 2012-10-29.
- Savage, Charlie & Kirkpatrick, David D. (2009-06-15). "Sotomayor Defends Ties to Association". The New York Times. Archived from the original on April 8, 2011. Retrieved 2009-06-16.
- Cohen, Andrew (2009-06-05). "Is Sotomayor Supremely Stylish?". Vanity Fair. Archived from the original on 9 June 2009. Retrieved 2009-06-05.
- Davia Temin
- Ryckman, Pamela (2011-04-02). "Belizean Grove, a Mighty Women's Club, Keeps a Low Profile". The New York Times.
- Sherman, Mark (2009-06-19). "Sotomayor Quits Belizean Grove". Huffington Post. Associated Press. Archived from the original on 20 June 2009. Retrieved 2009-06-19.
- Bravin, Jess (2009-06-20). "Court Nominee Sotomayor Quits Women-Only Group". The Wall Street Journal. Archived from the original on 23 June 2009. Retrieved 2009-06-20.
- "Sotomayor resigns from women's club". CNN. 2009-06-19. Archived from the original on 24 June 2009. Retrieved 2009-06-20.
- Cooper, Helene (2009-06-20). "Sotomayor quits club". The Seattle Times. Archived from the original on 21 June 2009. Retrieved 2009-06-20.