Bell's Life in Sydney and Sporting Reviewer
The newspaper was first published on 4 January 1845, by Thomas Revel Johnson. He took on a business partner, George Ferrers Pickering, in 1847. However, Johnson left the company in 1848 and was succeeded by Charles Hamilton Nichols. Bell’s Life in Sydney and Sporting Reviewer was published from 1845 - 1860. The publication was continued as Bell’s Life in Sydney and Sporting Chronicle which was published from 1860 - 1870.
- List of Newspapers in Australia
- List of newspapers in New South Wales
- List of Defunct Newspapers of Australia
- "Trove". Digitised Newspapers and more. National Library of Australia. Retrieved 27 November 2012.
- "Sport and Recreation". Documenting Life in New South Wales. State Library of New South Wales. Retrieved 27 November 2012.
- http://www.nla.gov.au/ndp/selected_newspapers/ Australian Newspapers Digitisation Program.
- Brown, Jerelynn (2011). "Tabloids in the State Library of NSW collection: A reflection of life in Australia". Australian Journal of Communication 38 (2): 107–121.
- Bell’s Life in Sydney and Sporting Reviewer (NSW : 1845 - 1860) at Trove Digitised newspapers and more
- Bell’s Life in Sydney and Sporting Chronicle (NSW : 1860 - 1870) at Trove Digitised newspapers and more
- Green, Jonathon, Bell's Life in Sydney.
- National Library of Australia Bell’s Life in Sydney and Sporting Chronicle.