Type of site
|Entertainment, fashion, lifestyle|
|Headquarters||Lagos, Lagos State, Nigeria|
|Alexa rank||5,248 (17 July 2015[update])|
|Launched||2 June 2006|
BellaNaija is a Nigerian online magazine and blog that focuses on news, entertainment, fashion, lifestyle and other media contents aimed at Pan-African and Nigerian audiences. It was founded by Uche Eze in 2006 and has won several awards including the "Outstanding Contribution to Fashion Communication Award" in 2010 and the "Best Event Coverage Online Award" in 2011 and 2012.
BellaNaija was founded in 2006 by Uche Eze as a time-filling hobby. She started blogging shortly after her graduation from Richard Ivey School of Business, University of Western Ontario, Canada by posting scanned magazine articles, pictures and interviews of Nigeria fashion personalities. She continued this under a disguised identity until she began to have over a million hits every month before she decided to unveil herself to the public.
In 2013, BellaNaija was ranked 4th in AfricaRanking's "Top 10 African Entertainment Websites". Other awards include:
- "Outstanding Contribution to Fashion Communication Award" - 2010
- "Best Event Coverage Online Award" - 2011 and 2012
- "BellaNaija.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2015-07-19.
- "Uche Pedro YCE WINNER". Archived from the original on 7 July 2015. Retrieved 18 July 2015.
- "Biography of Uche Eze; Blogger". Nigerian Biography. 11 May 2015. Retrieved 18 July 2015.
- "Top 10 African Entertainment Websites". AfricaRanking. Retrieved 18 July 2015.